PDA

View Full Version : Lakes Perris and Silverwood SRAs to be closed

plumbertom
08-13-2011, 01:12 PM
two days a week because of budget cuts.
Lake Perris SRA - Park closed to public vehicle entry for day use and camping every
Tuesday and Wednesday each week until April 30, 2012. Park will be open for Day
Use and Camping Thursday through Monday and any holidays each week until April
30, 2012. Park Day Use hours changed to 7am – 6pm (current hours 6am – 8pm).
Starting May 1, 2012 to September 30, 2012 – Park returns to being open 7 days a
week with Day Use hours changed to 6am to 10pm. On October 1, 2012 the park will
return to the same weekday service reduction cycle for fiscal year 2012/13.
• Silverwood Lake SRA - Park closed to public vehicle entry for day use and camping every
Wednesday and Thursday each week until April 30, 2012. Park will be open for Day
Use and Camping Friday through Tuesday and any holidays each week until April 30,
2012. Park Day Use hours changed to 7am – 5pm (current hours 7am – 7pm). Starting
May 1, 2012 to September 30, 2012 – Park returns to being open 7 days a week with
Day Use hours changed to 6am to 9pm. On October 1, 2012 the park will return to the
same weekday service reduction cycle for fiscal year 2012/13.

Sparky70
08-13-2011, 01:55 PM
BUMMER , call Jerry Brown and his LIBERAL buddies !

Flying
08-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Where did you get this information as I don't see it on either website yet?

They did this 2 years ago and I'm actually surprised they didn't continue with it last year.

Viejo
08-15-2011, 02:13 PM
BUMMER , call Jerry Brown and his LIBERAL buddies !

Actually, I think you need to talk to the other side of the aisle. If you like this, wait till next year's budgets come out....both national and state.

tagg27
08-15-2011, 02:26 PM
When are these hours suppose to start?

seal
08-15-2011, 05:54 PM
My guess is October 1st this will become the schedule but I'll check it out tomorrow with Silverwood.

seal
08-15-2011, 06:05 PM
Service reductions will start as of October 1st, 2011.

I guess I'll be doing a lot of hiking in this fall, oh well keeps the place quiet.

evosamurai
08-15-2011, 10:14 PM
can u still fish the dam and park on the turn offs and hike into the lake?

AbsolutePig
08-15-2011, 11:46 PM
can u still fish the dam and park on the turn offs and hike into the lake?

My understanding is yes you can hike in just can't go into the park and park your vehicle. It won't stop me from fishing it

bassgrabber1
08-16-2011, 09:14 AM
This is the same thing they did last season. Budget cuts are a MOFO!!!

seal
08-16-2011, 09:30 AM
My understanding is yes you can hike in just can't go into the park and park your vehicle. It won't stop me from fishing it

Best time to fish it!

DarkShadow
08-16-2011, 03:05 PM

And it won't stop people from burglarizing your car.

I had friends who would do the same thing, until they finally get fed up of the break ins to their vehicles, and the local police department having 'bigger fish to fry' and not responding effectively to their reports.

I'd say to not keep anything of value in your vehicle, but sometimes that doesn't even stop the low lives.

evosamurai
08-16-2011, 03:25 PM

I had friends who would do the same thing, until they finally get fed up of the break ins to their vehicles, and the local police department having 'bigger fish to fry' and not responding effectively to their reports.

I'd say to not keep anything of value in your vehicle, but sometimes that doesn't even stop the low lives.

ahh time to bring a beater up there then should be safe

tree
08-16-2011, 06:02 PM
Well, the lake is gonna have less fishing pressure!

seal
08-16-2011, 09:25 PM

There are area's at Silverwood that I would never park my old POS Nissan fishing truck, be smart if there is broken vehicle glass all over then I'd suggest finding another spot.

It sucks but it's not all that bad at the Wood, I think Perris has similar if not worse issues.

TheAsianGuy
08-17-2011, 12:35 PM
There are area's at Silverwood that I would never park my old POS Nissan fishing truck, be smart if there is broken vehicle glass all over then I'd suggest finding another spot.

It sucks but it's not all that bad at the Wood, I think Perris has similar if not worse issues.

True for Perris if you park it too early or too late in the day, and too far away from the parking areas. However, if you park near the commerce center, or residential, and bike in, no break in will occur. The main break-ins occur outside of the Bernasconi Rd parking area, just a few hundred feet before the cross gate block. People like to park beyond that gate block around 5:45am, walked in to do some early rock climbing and fishing. Well..let just say if you park there more than 3 hours, your chance of your vehicle getting broken in or hijacked is pretty high.