PDA

View Full Version : Boca Bearings....

Stormcrow
08-13-2011, 07:58 AM
Is anyone using Boca Bearings in their baitcasters????

Im really interested in hearing about what they are ACTUALLY doing for you. Is anyone using them and are you getting any benefit?

Nessie Hunter
08-13-2011, 09:22 AM
Jason, Boca makes all kinds of bearings?? Are you talking about the Ceramic #7.???

Most of 'your' reels have a #5 Stainless Steal spool bearing in them - Stock... (Shimano/Daiwa etc)..

I can say that the Ceramic #7 are much faster in the spool, wouldnt waste them on other bearing replacements though, not needed and affect wouldnt be noticed at all..
#5 S/S are fine there....

I will admit that I have a problem with the Ceramics in my Reels...
They are 'to fast' for me and I just "Professional Overrun" more often!!!!!!!
But Im a Barny also (as you know) LMAO

Nessie Hunter
08-13-2011, 09:25 AM
Let me add this;
For casting you can get better distance with less effort.
Pitching/flipping is easy and effortless with better distance....
Lighter baits can be used and will get decent distance (this is where I have a problem)!!!!

No wear, much less friction and with minimal care (drop of oil now and then) they will last forever....

bsp
08-13-2011, 01:21 PM
Nessie Hunter installed some Boca Bearing #7 ceramics in my Luna 203 and it LAUNCHES LCs monster distances now. It takes a bit to get used to the new bearings and to set your reels accordingly, but once you do you're getting significantly more distance with less effort. Completely worth the price IMO.

Nessie Hunter
08-16-2011, 02:03 PM
No problem Stormcrow. Dont mention it, was glad to help..... ??? lol Bleeeeeeee

Stormcrow
08-16-2011, 02:35 PM
No problem Stormcrow. Dont mention it, was glad to help..... ??? lol Bleeeeeeee

hahahaha Frank would you show me how to install them correctly if I buy a set to try for fun? They might be beneficial on a rod I flyline small flukes and the like.

And thank you for the great info. :-)

Jason

Nessie Hunter
08-17-2011, 08:42 AM
Like changing the batteries in a camera. Pull out the old / drop in the new.....

They have a wire retainer clip .....
(Hex shaped wire that ya pull out of indentation, Drop - and replace the clip!!!)..
Some (Daiwa & Shimano style short shafts) have a Shaft pin holding them in (handle side only)..
I have a special made SHAFT PIN tool to remove that pin & replace it....
Stop by anytime or let me know, easy to destroy the Spool trying to get those out... !!!!
Ill be at DVL on the 27th (volunteer at Striper King tourney 10 AM or so) I can bring it and get er done for ya, if thats easier for ya buddy!!!???

Dawn at Smoothdrags will set ya up with right bearings ~ Right to your door step!!!..
Get some OUST Oil also.. 1 or 2 drops per bearing & spin to work it in.....

AlanTani.com - for pic tutorials for almost any reel....

Let me know, we will work it out studley..........

Stormcrow
08-17-2011, 10:05 AM
Cool, I will be there at DVL for the night tourney on the 27th. Lets get together. I get with smoothdrags and get a set today.

Nessie Hunter
08-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Great Jason......

Ill bring a few drivers and Oil etc and the Pin Pliers to get it done brotha!!!

See you then.........