PDA

View Full Version : BBL 08-07 - Late Post - Better Late Than Never!!!

etaggart
08-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Hi All,

Sorry for the late post, I forgot to post it up this past weekend.

After fun with Father-in-Law Jim and the Nephews, I got out Sunday morning by myself in the tube to work the same hot spot at the mouth of Grout Bay.

I was determined to pickup double-digit trout on the fly and powerbait, but no such luck.

The trout generally didn't want the woolly bugger, I'm sure if I was better I could have picked up more but they just didn't seem to be hitting no matter how I tried it.

I also had a line with PB floating up from the bottom. Few hits on that. I think the main problem was I didn't anchor-down so the PB was always moving and the trout at the bottom didn't seem to want to hit moving PB - at least not mine.

I also tried drifting with PB higher in the water for a while and no luck there either.

I did score at least 10 crappie. I got a couple pix - one was pretty nice sized for a BBL crappie. Most of the crappie were hitting near the edge of weeds, but a few were suspended.

As I was preparing to leave I figured I'd work back into the deep weeds of Grout Bay for one more crappie. Ended up hitting my first trout of 2 - right there in the weeds, near the edge, but well inside!

Good day overall, just not what I was hunting for.

Cheers,

Eric

2jackedLUNGS
08-13-2011, 09:27 PM
thanks for the report. ill be up there in a couple weeks, cant wait.

phishin phool
08-13-2011, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the report, good ol crappie, they are faithful biters when the trout aren't. I have had luck drifting pb and worm (power mouse) I think the action of the worm moving gets em to bite.

M@M
08-17-2011, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the report. Nice clean pics. There's always next time for your DD trout......10in crappie is the biggest I have caught so far at BBL.... bigger ones must be out there somewhere?