PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Afternoon 8/11

farmacist
08-12-2011, 11:12 AM
Wanted to see if the schoolies were boiling in the afternoon as all the reports I've been seeing have been about the mornings. Straight from work to lake, on the water @3:15. Saw some boats idling around the open water beteen the nugget point and the island. Nothin happening so we did cruised the whole lake to see what we could find. nada! Drifted some deeper points throwin rattle traps hopin the fish would pop but no show. Decided to get a little closer to shore on the trolling motor and my cousin threw a gitzit, I stuck w/ the ratrap hopin for some love from the non-striped variety. Did this for about a half hour, got one largemouth (2lbs) on the smoke gitzit and now it was just after six and still no boils. Decided to do one more "tour" of the lake before heading in since we had to be off the water at 7. Headed towards yellow bar and as we got close to the "no-wake" buoys in that first cove (forgot the name) I saw something blow up in the middle. Then my cousin says ya, ya over by the first buoy more blow-ups. Hauled over their and slid in, killed the big motor and dropped the trolling motor. The WHOLE cove was goin off, boils in every direction from the buoys all the way to the back. The stripeys had coralled the shad in here and were gorging. Got maybe three when old reliable, Mr. Sheriff, shows up. He was cool, announced over the loud speaker that even though we were on the boil we had to be on the trailer in 20 minutes. Fished as long as we could and landed 7 in about 20 minutes. All on spooks, the puppies were gettin sucked down better that the 4" model, every cast though you'd get hit 2 or 3 times, sometimes sending the bait flying a cpl feet in the air. Good times, adrenaline pumpin action...definitely what we came for just not enough time to capitalize.

JeffO
08-12-2011, 01:53 PM
hahaha the same thing happened to me on Tuesday at Castaic.... Got there around 3:30, fished for largies with no luck, found a boil, scored, then was yelled at by lake patrol to get back to the ramp. Wish they didn't close these lakes during PRIME FISHING HOUR!

kerryvbc1
08-12-2011, 09:30 PM
Awesome. You know so many people think they are just going to pull out on the the lake and run right in the middle of all day boils. You got lucky! congratulations

TroutOnly
08-14-2011, 10:05 AM
GET OFF MY BOILS FARMY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ARENT THEY FUN,,,,,,,,,,,,,GOT SOME UP AT THE SAN ANT,,,,,,,I WAS OUT OF PHONE WHEN I GOT YOURE MESSAGE OMAR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,