PDA

View Full Version : Not a productive Thursday session at LP.

bassgrabber1
08-12-2011, 07:43 AM
Well Steve and I went out for a Thursday session and decided to hit the "Trench" for the first time. I heard people were catching a lot of fish there. We got to the trench and there was a bass boat already fishing there so I asked them if ti twas ok if I could fish near them. The guys amazed that I actually asked that they let me fish their bouy marker. They thanked me for aking and I thanked them for letting us fish the area with them. We tried for a while but the wind would not let me get more than a cast in before I had to reposition the boat. We did this for about an hour or so with only one bite :(.......the guys on the bass boat pulled up about 4 fish while we were there. We ended up leaving the area and tried to fish the Marina points but had to love.....really the wind was not letting me fish and I was getting frustrated at this point. well by the end of the session Steve and I beat the skunk by landing a dink each....lol. Overall I was just searching for new spots and figured out that I should just stick to my normal spots where I catch fish...hahaha.

I ended up meeting several FNN'ers out there and all were cool dudes (Tagg, Fishintime and Pete Marino also one of the guys on the bassboat at the trench was an FNN'er but I for got his screen name but his real name was Jeff)....so here is a shout out to those guys and great to meet you!

By the way ...we got there at 2 and left at 7. Water was between81 and 77 and the wind was howling. Ill get them next time ...tight lines!

KingShad
08-12-2011, 07:50 AM
What # thrust trolling motor do you have? I have a 70lb thrust on an 18' bass boat and wind doesnt affect me. Plus since its a MinnKota Fortrex I can stay on the pedal all day and wont kill the battery.

tagg27
08-12-2011, 10:31 AM
James, it was great seeing you out there. We hit the East end for a couple. Nothing to get excited about. We didn't see 'em until after 7pm. I did talk to one guy as I was prepping the boat to leave that landed a 4.2lb on the way in. Well the fish will just be bigger the next time.

See ya on the lake

bassgrabber1
08-12-2011, 10:38 AM
What # thrust trolling motor do you have? I have a 70lb thrust on an 18' bass boat and wind doesnt affect me. Plus since its a MinnKota Fortrex I can stay on the pedal all day and wont kill the battery.

I have a 50# thrust but I have a small aluminum boat. It blew us around pretty darn good. I can run my motor all day and still have 75% of my battery left. My boat is a 14' MonArk that is only like 48" wide....lol. Its just a small boat that I made into a bass boat.:Big Grin:

bassgrabber1
08-12-2011, 10:39 AM
James, it was great seeing you out there. We hit the East end for a couple. Nothing to get excited about. We didn't see 'em until after 7pm. I did talk to one guy as I was prepping the boat to leave that landed a 4.2lb on the way in. Well the fish will just be bigger the next time.

See ya on the lake

Great seeing you to Jeff.

fishntime
08-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Wassup James, my pops and I only managed to land one and lost three others. All fish came off of the points, on orange colored baits. I'm sure tge morning bite is much better. Until next time!!!

KingShad
08-12-2011, 01:29 PM
I have a 50# thrust but I have a small aluminum boat. It blew us around pretty darn good. I can run my motor all day and still have 75% of my battery left. My boat is a 14' MonArk that is only like 48" wide....lol. Its just a small boat that I made into a bass boat.:Big Grin:

I have seen plenty of people outfish me on their small boats so size doesnt matter. Its probably just more uncomfortable to control in the wind.

bassgrabber1
08-12-2011, 03:08 PM
I have seen plenty of people outfish me on their small boats so size doesnt matter. Its probably just more uncomfortable to control in the wind.

It really is a great little boat and I usually do pretty well at LP. It really is hard to controll her in the wind and as hard as it may be ...she still gets me out there to fish every week....I'm still a happy camper.

Sublime-Steve
08-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Had a blast as always hardly any seadoo's so that was extra nice

ggwiz
08-13-2011, 07:58 AM
It was great to meet you and Steve out there the other day. It is rare to find courteous fishermen these days, so thanks for that! We ended up with about 18 fish with the biggest just under 4 lbs. The bites were very light and with the wind it was hard to feel them. I tried allot of things but most fish on the drop shot and a few on a hula grub. Hope to catch you out there again while you are whacking them!

Geoff

tree
08-13-2011, 09:15 AM
What no mention of your buddy Tree? lololol. I was out there on Thursday as well, though on shore. I rode to the end of the DAM and got 3 fish in 3 casts, a total of 5 fish total. All around 1-2.5 lbs was there around 4PM-7PM

Conditions were perfect at the inlet/outlet. The current was turned on and water was boiling, with birds diving everywhere.
The pelicans were having a field day the ENTIRE time. They were diving and gulping down fish. The wind was blowing all the bait into the bouy line.

All my fish were caught on a BPS crack craw with a punch skirt ;)323223232332324

The ticket was to wait for a pelican to dive, cast at the pelican's spot and let it sit there until the line started swimming away.

bassgrabber1
08-13-2011, 09:36 AM
Jason....you didn't fish with us so why would I write your report???? Just sayin'......LOL

tree
08-13-2011, 03:28 PM
<3 you just mentioned seeing tagg and fishintime :(