PDA

View Full Version : S.W.A.T. All By My Lonesome, 8/9/11...Late Report

murrieta angler
08-11-2011, 02:29 PM
Decided to get out and take a shot at getting a butt with the LC.
The last 3 trips out produced “0” and I was getting kinda frustrated.
I knew the temperature drop played a huge role in that. So when the water temps came back up a bit, I was out there ready for some action.
I hit the beach at 8:00 and was welcomed to 67 degree water, no winds, high tide of 4.55, outside temp was 68 and the incoming low tide was 2.75 at 12:30 pm. The surf was supposed to be waist to chest high.
I was completely stoked when I saw the conditions;

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/image-18.jpg

I was expecting worse but was pleasantly surprised.

I started at one end of the beach and would work my way South, for a total of 3.6 miles of casting and retrieving…
Within 10 minutes I hooked up to this little skunk buster;

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/image-17.jpg

He was about 7-8 inches and just engulfed my LC…
It would be almost an hour before my next tug on the line and I knew right off that it was a YFC;

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/image-16.jpg

I’m guessing 11-12 inches. I throw out in the same spot and am rewarded with another YFC, except a little bigger. No picture of that one.

It is almost 10:00 now and the tide is right around where I want it to be, for this particular location. The water was free of any major debris and visibility is decent.
I cast out right at Halibut Hotel and was stoked to get this “Halibuster”;

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/image-15.jpg

I know it’s a dink but it’s a halibut none the less…:Rolls Eyes:

I keep working this particular stretch of beach and was hit really hard,
I didn’t set the hook and was a little frustrated…:Angry:
I cast out again a few more times and got slammed!!!
It took only a little line, I had my drag a little on the tight side, but it was fun to battle;

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/image-14.jpg

It taped out at 17' and I was rewarded with my 11th WSB, from the surf, this year…:Wink:

I ended up getting a couple more BSP and that would be it for the day. It was now 1:00 and I decided to beat the traffic home, content with my goal for the day...:Big Grin:

Thank You Lord,
Robert
<><

the killa fish taco
08-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Nice. Been wanting to hit up a OC spot but dont know of any. I would love to try a spot with you guys next time you guys roll. I bought a handful of LC and all the right gear for it. Still havent used any of it. lol

bones
08-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Great job out there SWAT brotha!
Good to see that you are still on the front lines and the enemy is attacking with multiple species. I've been AWOL this week due to family/work issues but hopefully I'm going to be in the trenches and foxholes on saturday. When you said how far you walked I'm pretty sure I know the stretch you were fishing. Those conditions looked great but these darn big tidal swings at night have kept the enemy on the move. I know that the late afternoon tides have been more stable and probably more predictable as far as the structure holding fish but the winds in the afternoon are always a pain in the arse!
Great to see you got on a few though bro.

Keep up the good work!

Mike

SP Dan
08-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Great job out there! It's been pretty tough out there in the trenches lately! Nice variety pack! UDaMan Great report! I hope to see you out there again soon!

SP Dan <"))><

5150fishn
08-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Excellent report and pics. Looks like a great day on the water to me. You are on a serious streak with the WSB. A 17' WSB is got to be a record! ROFL!! Thanks for the report.

Which Way Out
08-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Good job Robert on a great mixed bag. Glad at least one of us are getting out there.
11 WSB so far, wow that might start a new record to shoot for. Heck I'll pay you to help me get my first ever ghost.
I don't want to say I am on lock down myself, but it sure seams that way. Work, work work and this weekend even more work. That's alright, need the money...

Thanks for posting. See ya soon I hope
Bill

fishshep
08-11-2011, 07:22 PM
3.7 miles of casting and retrieving :Shocked:

MAN !!! you deserved catchin your target !!!

Mission accomplished :Big Grin:

CaliButts
08-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Very Nice session! :Cool: Looks like all those miles on starting to show on that LC!! Serious Battle scars!:Twisted:

k3vin_kim
08-11-2011, 09:09 PM
ATTA BOY!!

you're the wsb magnet bro!!!

Jaysuuun
08-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Nice goin Robert! You're a WSB magnet. Still waiting for my first out of surf. Nothing wrong with that LC at all. You just have a Missing Scale pattern now.:LOL:

iLLest
08-11-2011, 10:31 PM
Dude,

How many White Sea Bass are you planning on catching from the surf this year bro?
You've caught more than what some people catch a year....from a BOAT! hahaha.
Good Stuff Rob!

Give the LC's alittle touch up with some nail polish and sharpies. I just finished a customized LC, looks fishy :Shocked:, I'll bring it out this weekend.

Wingnut
08-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Another WSB! Awesome Roberto... they follow you everywhere. :Envious:

Just got back in town... only for a couple of days. :Neutral:
Feels good to be home, hmmmmmm... where to fish this weekend? :Wink:
I think I'm gonna kill some Stripers this weekend. Paging TroutOnly, paging TroutOnly... where are you Bob?!? :Twisted:

jerryG
08-12-2011, 12:47 AM
Well done Robert and good work on the artillery mods as well.. I like the red bill and it looks like it was effective in finding enemy targets.

JerryG

justin oceanside
08-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Nice going as always! I haven't made it out in awhile...I'm on baby standby...but might hit it for a few hours this weekend. Let me know if you are interested.

Justin

klocked
08-12-2011, 05:30 PM
You're the WSB King!! Good goin' out there brotha!!
See you tomorrow!

flyngby
08-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Poor Roberto out on his private fishing grounds all by your lonesome! I feel for you Bro!

At least some of your pets decided to come out and play! You keep pulling ahead in the WSB count but I have a feeling you are creating a some others to attack your tally before the season ends with some quality "Ghosts" of their own!

Good luck at "Pea Soup in the am!

Steve http://planetsmilies.net/person-smiley-1122.gif

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/GreenSardine.jpg

Wingnut
08-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Yo Roberto! Wish you could have joined me this morning on my solo session. :Big Grin:
Good luck at the A.O. tomorrow with the gang... they're out there! :Secret:
My money is on you to catch another WSB. :Cool:
I have to leave at 2:00am, got a long drive. Gonna kill some Linesides with Bob & Phuong at Lake San Antonio. :Twisted:
Fresh & Salt dual reports coming soon... :Wink:

Oh, here's a couple of pics of the last time we fished together... when you caught your new species Bat Ray. :Big Grin:
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut%208/Wingnut%209/001-47.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut%208/Wingnut%209/004-34.jpg

murrieta angler
08-15-2011, 06:00 AM
Nice. Been wanting to hit up a OC spot but dont know of any. I would love to try a spot with you guys next time you guys roll. I bought a handful of LC and all the right gear for it. Still havent used any of it. lol

Killa,
I would have been out in the surf the same day I bought the stuff!!
Maybe one day I'll shoot you a PM, can't promise anything though.
Robert
<><

Great job out there SWAT brotha!
Good to see that you are still on the front lines and the enemy is attacking with multiple species. I've been AWOL this week due to family/work issues but hopefully I'm going to be in the trenches and foxholes on saturday. When you said how far you walked I'm pretty sure I know the stretch you were fishing. Those conditions looked great but these darn big tidal swings at night have kept the enemy on the move. I know that the late afternoon tides have been more stable and probably more predictable as far as the structure holding fish but the winds in the afternoon are always a pain in the arse!
Great to see you got on a few though bro.

Keep up the good work!

Mike

Hey Mike,
I thought for sure I was going to see you Saturday. It was good the first hour, but a quick incoming high tide kinda ruined things.
See you soon Bro,
Robert
<><

Great job out there! It's been pretty tough out there in the trenches lately! Nice variety pack! UDaMan Great report! I hope to see you out there again soon!

SP Dan <"))><

Hey Dan,
I hear you! We need the water to get back to 70 degrees and a lot less salad in the water.
Take Care,
Robert
<><

Excellent report and pics. Looks like a great day on the water to me. You are on a serious streak with the WSB. A 17' WSB is got to be a record! ROFL!! Thanks for the report.

Oh Yeah!!!
I catch 17 footers all the time...:Envious::ROFL:
Thanks for the kind words,
Robert
<><

Good job Robert on a great mixed bag. Glad at least one of us are getting out there.
11 WSB so far, wow that might start a new record to shoot for. Heck I'll pay you to help me get my first ever ghost.
I don't want to say I am on lock down myself, but it sure seams that way. Work, work work and this weekend even more work. That's alright, need the money...

Thanks for posting. See ya soon I hope
Bill

Hey Bill,
I wouldn't mind getting some work right now, my fishing funds are quickly vanishing.
You'll get that WSB soon, just need to get out is all...:Wink:
Take Care Bro,
Robert
<><

3.7 miles of casting and retrieving :Shocked:

MAN !!! you deserved catchin your target !!!

Mission accomplished :Big Grin:

Hey Danile,
My feet were killing me the next day, from walking on the rocks.
Thanks,
Robert
<><

Very Nice session! :Cool: Looks like all those miles on starting to show on that LC!! Serious Battle scars!:Twisted:

Thanks Cali,
Yeah, that LC is about to be retired real soon here.
Robert
<><

ATTA BOY!!

you're the wsb magnet bro!!!

Kevin, Kevin, Kevin,
I text you and no response to head out?!?
I know you're busy.
Are you still looking for a place?
See you soon,
Robert
<><

Nice goin Robert! You're a WSB magnet. Still waiting for my first out of surf. Nothing wrong with that LC at all. You just have a Missing Scale pattern now.:LOL:

Hey Jason,
You got to hit the water if you want that WSB.
Missed you 2 on Saturday, hope all is well.
Robert
<><

Dude,

How many White Sea Bass are you planning on catching from the surf this year bro?
You've caught more than what some people catch a year....from a BOAT! hahaha.
Good Stuff Rob!

Give the LC's alittle touch up with some nail polish and sharpies. I just finished a customized LC, looks fishy :Shocked:, I'll bring it out this weekend.

Frank,
I was hoping you were gonna get on a WSB Saturday, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.
I can't belive how fast the tide came in and shut down the bite.
Oh well, there is always tomorrow.
Good to see you in action Bro,
Robert
<><

Another WSB! Awesome Roberto... they follow you everywhere. :Envious:

Just got back in town... only for a couple of days. :Neutral:
Feels good to be home, hmmmmmm... where to fish this weekend? :Wink:
I think I'm gonna kill some Stripers this weekend. Paging TroutOnly, paging TroutOnly... where are you Bob?!? :Twisted:

Well done Robert and good work on the artillery mods as well.. I like the red bill and it looks like it was effective in finding enemy targets.

Thank you Jerry,
It's about time to retire that LC. I went on ebay to but some new LC's but I don't have a paypal account. I thought I did?!?
Been a while Bro,
Robert
<><

[QUOTE=justin oceanside;570078]Nice going as always! I haven't made it out in awhile...I'm on baby standby...but might hit it for a few hours this weekend. Let me know if you are interested.

Justin

Hey Justin,
I'm assuming your wife and you had the baby.
I Pray she is a healthy little girl...:Big Grin:
Robert
<><

You're the WSB King!! Good goin' out there brotha!!
See you tomorrow!

Hey John,
Good seeing you on Saturday.
Another rough one but at least you got that calico to lose the skunk.
Take Care,
Robert
<><

Poor Roberto out on his private fishing grounds all by your lonesome! I feel for you Bro!

At least some of your pets decided to come out and play! You keep pulling ahead in the WSB count but I have a feeling you are creating a some others to attack your tally before the season ends with some quality "Ghosts" of their own!

Good luck at "Pea Soup in the am!

Steve http://planetsmilies.net/person-smiley-1122.gif

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/GreenSardine.jpg

Hey Steve,
Hope all is well with you and yours.
Was hoping to see you on Saturday but I know you are busy.
Take Care Brother,
Robert
<><

Yo Roberto! Wish you could have joined me this morning on my solo session. :Big Grin:
Good luck at the A.O. tomorrow with the gang... they're out there! :Secret:
My money is on you to catch another WSB. :Cool:
I have to leave at 2:00am, got a long drive. Gonna kill some Linesides with Bob & Phuong at Lake San Antonio. :Twisted:
Fresh & Salt dual reports coming soon... :Wink:

Oh, here's a couple of pics of the last time we fished together... when you caught your new species Bat Ray. :Big Grin:
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut%208/Wingnut%209/001-47.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut%208/Wingnut%209/004-34.jpg

Arturo,
I wish I could have joined you also, but times are slow and I need the dough...:Big Grin:
Take Care Bro,
Robert
<><

PONTOON
08-15-2011, 06:56 PM
Robert,

I saw your post while I was in Vegas and just seeing the WSB Master at it again and then getting the halibuster to boot just made me want to get home to get back at it!:Cool:
The only problem was that when I got home my PC decided it didn't want to cooperate so, sorry for the late post. I actually thought I had replied.:Neutral:

Once again great job and I hope to cross paths with you sometime soon. I'll be back at it hopefully this weekend..........:Thumbs Up:

n1ckxlam
08-15-2011, 07:39 PM
Robert, you and those wsb have a great relationship..
keep it up!

Nick