PDA

View Full Version : Rpt-Wed-08-10-11 Limits of Salsapuede Reds, Bocaccio, Lings.

Tunaslam
08-11-2011, 10:20 AM
Fished with Bill Fisher on his 18' Trophy "Toad Haul" out of Las Salinas. We left the dock at 5:30 am, made bait just inside the harbor, nice Macs, and moved on outside and made 20 pieces of live squid, he had about 30 left over from Tuesday.

Ran south about six miles into deep water and had limits of Big Reds and Bocaccio, plus three Lings from six to eight pounds, by 9am released three short Lings. Ran into shallow water and C&R'd another 50 mixed fish until calling it a day at 3pm. Grease calm all day long! About time!

One surprise was that we didn't catch one single Bass? Yet the shallow water produced, Smaller Reds, lots of Chocolate Rockfish, Bolina, Starries, Green Stripes, and a few more short to barely legal Lingcod, all released, we were targeting Bass?

The department of fish and game for Mexico, Pesca Control or something similar,(not the Navy or Federales)stopped by and asked to see our permits. They looked them over, returned them, said gracias and quickly left. Three men, no guns, at least visible. Glad to see them out there doing their job!

45 minutes to cross the border at Otay Mesa in the Ready Line, Bill called earlier and the message said 5 minutes at Otay for the Ready Line, 25 regular, and 40 minutes at San Yisidro. I elected Otay, even though it is 10 miles furthur east, also another 10 miles to get back to the 5, I lost on that deal? Oh well, beats two hours in line sometimes!

Didn't take any pictures, as everyone says that all my trips down there look the same, have to agree a limit of Reds do look alike, and myself holding up a couple of Reds looks similar? Next time, maybe? Although the Lings we kept were a cool blue color!

Cory

JapanRon
08-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Hi Tunaslam,

We want pics .... we want pics .... we want pics !! Right guys ! Well .... your reports are super anyways it's just we're spoiled. Man O man ... you sure got a lot of nice fish I trust from your past adventures south of the border.

Interesting about the Mexican fisheries folks too !! And yes .... you can bet NO 'official' patrol of any kind goes out without a hideaway somewhere on their person or boat !!

thanks,

JapanRon

murrieta angler
08-15-2011, 06:15 AM
Nice report Cory.
I'm hoping my 2 & 1/2 day'er coming up pays off.
Robert
<><