PDA

View Full Version : heading out to Pyramid...or Castaic

yerevanjan
08-11-2011, 12:08 AM
hey all,
I wanna take out my new boat to Pyramid or castaic. I never liked Castaic, in face i hate that lake, I never caught anything good there, always came home light. You guys have any suggestions or tips? Pyramid or castaic? which is better, it's my first time with a boat so I am kind of a rookie, any advise is greatly appreciated. bait? location? ...

minijoser
08-11-2011, 08:15 AM
The ramp at Castaic would probably be a good Idea since it is your first time there's plenty of room. As far as the fishing both lakes are producing great catches.

JeffO
08-11-2011, 08:20 AM
Congrats on the new boat! Right now I'd definitely recommend Pyramid over Castaic. I fished Pyramid last Saturday and caught 5 largies on frogs and drop shot. If I went for stripers I would've had a field day because there were boils everywhere..... I fished Castaic Tuesday evening and didn't get any action from bass (and I tried all the tricks in my arsenal) but managed a couple stripeys late on topwater.

The only reason I'd go to Castaic over Pyramid right now is if you're going over the weekend because Pyramid was a freaking zoo last Saturday and at least at Castaic there's plenty of water to fish that the lake lice can't get to. Oh, and I got to Pyramid at 5:30am and the line already had approx 25 or 30 vehicles waiting. Didn't get the boat into the water until almost 7:00am. Hope this helps..... -Jeff

NoHo ART
08-11-2011, 09:10 PM
go to pyramid have some top-water lures ready for the boils mostly in the Chanel

Reellady46
08-11-2011, 09:12 PM
I have a new boat as well. I am heading to Castaic Saturday for the moonlight fishing event. My boyfriend wants to go to Pyramid, but I have never gone to a fishing event here in Cali. He says Pyramid is better.

RL

SDDave
08-11-2011, 10:00 PM
First thing I'd recommend is that you make sure that boat is ready operate correctly, I run into so many people with new to them boats and there having problems, Im not trying to be mean I sure your know what your doing, just go over the boat, trailer, tow rig, then comes the fishing.

pyramidrose
08-12-2011, 05:52 PM
We recommend Pyramid, But some say we are biased????????:LOL:

Tell the gatehouse you've got a new boat. They'll hook you up with some gifts.

The Management:Smile: