PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Lake

BlkManFishin
08-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Im thinking of hitting up pyramid lake for the first time. i dont have a boat so im wondering if it is worth my time to go and fish from shore. I would love to get any advice you guys would be willing to give.

fish-o-haulic
08-09-2011, 09:35 PM
fish the channel, even when there not biting i still manage a nice size striper or cat from the channel. the channel is full of stripers and cats. about 3years ago we had a 30lber break surface and in one foul swoop take my whole set up, which was rigged with 12lbtest on anchovie. for stripers from shore i use anchovies and mack, for cats i caught a huge one on just nightcrawler, but other catfish bait will work too. to be honest i never do well with striper lures there, in my experience its been mainly bait n wait

SDDave
08-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Never say never that you wouldn't catch something, but you'd be better off going to the ramp side over at the Vista Del Lago off ramp, you might want to call and see if it's open for access.
other than that, shore fishing is dead.

BlkManFishin
08-10-2011, 06:28 PM
Thanks gonna try it out ill post a report when I go

fish-o-haulic
08-10-2011, 06:56 PM
good luck, but dave saying that shore fishing is dead doesnt surprise me. shore fishing never was the best at pyramid, but its ok. but when this lake is dead its dead, it gets slow and almost makes the one fish youll catch not worth it. HAAAA just kidding the fish is always worth it, not to discourage you though but going to pyramid when its dead is almost like wasting money. but you should probably end up with one or two fish.