PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid 8/9...Striper's boiling!!!

661Bass'n
08-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Got onto the lake just after 7am. As always, it was me and my wife. So, I gave her the option to go left or right as we left the dock. She said right, and she was right. We were about 30 minutes into the morning when, a hear a splish splash, I look over my shoulder and a nice little boil. I motored over, but I couldn't belive that some how after my first cast, my line was cut in my spool. So after I messed around pulling and finally re-tying my top water bait on..yep striper's gone...then they moved into a cove hammering little bait fish, so we both throw our top water's at them nothing!! I took out a jerk bait tied it on, and here comes the 3rd boil action, long story short I landed 2, both on a jerk bait. We tried bait and waiting, but that was a waste of time I learned, as they were boiling pretty much til about 2pm. The last boil I tried to chase down was cut short as at which time the Lake Lice promptly ran over the boil. All in all it was good day, but unfortunately my wife was not able to hook up...but after seeing all the boiling, she is ready to return to take a few!! So, today was a learning experience for me that and hope to land a few more than 2.

TroutOnly
08-10-2011, 08:25 AM
GET SOME KPN'S AND YOU WILL TEAR MR STRIPEY A NEW ONE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,