PDA

View Full Version : Shad and boils, and gunshots

SDDave
08-09-2011, 08:48 PM
I hit up Upper after my Pyramid guide trip and was scouting out a few things.
Ran into to Jeffery and his cut blonde gal in dry gulch, said hi, teased them a little bit.., haha
Ask him where was the cute brunette I saw him with on Saturday at Pyramid...
Move down the cove and the gun fire in back started up, I decided to stay out of there, called the lifeguards and left that cove, Jeff heard them to and I'm sure he didn't go in any further.., crazy!!!
Well back to the fish, found the shad, made a nice scoop, still on the small side, but there'll work,
It was allready late, stop on a boil in front of a cove, there were 2 guys who where there before me so I gave them space, they said they got a little to excited and got into a huge tangle with each other, I tossed the kpn in on the second popup and hooked up a nice Castaic schoolie.
The fish went down, headed in, looked around by the west ramp, gave away the fish to Jason and his son who were fishing the dock, left there and looked over at the jet skiers and watched as the stripers boiled inside the ropes and I couldn't do anything about it, bummer,
Then after putting the boat on the trailer they boiled again out in front of the ramp..,
So there's the latest skinny on the upper!
Might haveto give Castaic a little more of my time, I know my truck and trailer could use the rest, that road to Pyramid is tearing me up...
P.S. so the smallest stripers ever in the back of E Canyon, they boiled around the boat and one was a little gimpy and I dipped it, was about 2.5 inches...

THROWBACK RANGER
08-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the info dave!

fishinone
08-10-2011, 09:42 AM
P.S. so the smallest stripers ever in the back of E Canyon, they boiled around the boat and one was a little gimpy and I dipped it, was about 2.5 inches...

That's a keeper if you get it on a hook!

Thanks for the recon up Dave. It's getting there!

JeffO
08-10-2011, 10:22 AM
I hit up Upper after my Pyramid guide trip and was scouting out a few things.
Ran into to Jeffery and his cut blonde gal in dry gulch, said hi, teased them a little bit.., haha
Ask him where was the cute brunette I saw him with on Saturday at Pyramid...
Move down the cove and the gun fire in back started up, I decided to stay out of there, called the lifeguards and left that cove, Jeff heard them to and I'm sure he didn't go in any further.., crazy!!!

I'm sure you raised my girlfriend's heartbeat for at least a second or two ;) So after you left that cove the lake patrol came over and headed straight at my boat. I think they thought we were the ones shooting.... So I quickly point toward the back of the cove but they still pulled their boat right up next to ours. They asked a bunch of questions....name, address, phone #, etc.....and then pulled into the back of the cove. Shortly after we see a helicopter fly by which they told us they called. Looks like they took your "911" call seriously Dave! Good to know they actually care :)

As for the fishing, got there at 4:30 and the bass weren't hitting anything. Drop shotted every color/size, senkos, spinnerbait, crankbait, shallow, deep, slow, fast.... not even a nib. Headed to the back of Elizabeth at 6:30 and got a couple blow ups on my Spook, but neither hooked up (I'm sure they were 3 inchers). Thinking my luck was out the window, we putt out of E Cove at 7:00 and I see a huge boil about 200 yards from the 5 mph zone buoys. Stop the boat, pull out the spook, and pull in a solid 3 lb stripey first cast. Would've kept fishing but patrol was yelling at me to head back to the ramp... Worst part of the day = having to leave a huge boil. Til next time....

Nice to meet you by the way, Dave!

kaneo
08-10-2011, 05:08 PM
i got word from the sheriffs that the guys firing off the guns were arrested by land units... the had a bunch of wepons they were firing off. guess the helicopter spottted them and had the off road suv come and get them.. idiots, what were they thinking... but i have heard gunshots back there before...

fish-o-haulic
08-10-2011, 05:12 PM
good report day, cant make it out this month but maybe next month. I got to i gave mr stripey a pass this season cuz ive been so busy with unexpected things. but that all is gonna change soon

Sparky70
08-11-2011, 08:20 PM
Dig a ditch and bury the B***h !