PDA

View Full Version : Idiots and private boats.....

hooks
08-09-2011, 04:27 PM
Hey Viners,
I wanted to post about an incident that happened on Friday night in the flats. It was late and we had been in Taper Steve's once secret spot all night fishing. About 11ish, some douche bag (who had been fishing from what looked like a center consol Boston Whaler) on the point just before us, decides to leave. I thought something was up when he sort of raced by back toward the creek. He then spins his boat around and guns it straight back to where he just came from. He raced by me at about 30 mph, 30 ft. away and must of been doing 40 by the time he hit the treeline which was loaded with boats. If I would of had, say a D cell battery handy, somebody would of got hurt. If I happen to run into these jerk-offs who I hear also made a scene on the launch ramp leaving again, things might turn out differently. They almost swamped me and I wonder how many others with their lame *** stunt. There were dozens of rentals boats out there with no lights. Did anyone else encounter these a-holes on friday night?
tight lines...

Hometown
08-09-2011, 04:50 PM
you should carry the office phone # and call security next.at least no one got hurt this time.

whopperstopper
08-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Good ole "D" cell batterys...Lol..sounds like you have experienced the ole chuckin the D cell before..I like your ...thinkin...lol.. just make sure there used up ...dont want to waste em on those douche bags.... maybe even one those flashlite batterys square one with the springs on it ....LOL

hooks
08-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Actually, I never chucked anything but there's a 1st time for everything and "that" was the time. THat guy launched a 2.5 ft. wave at me from about 30 ft. I would of launched my beer at them but it was 3/4 empty.

the killa fish taco
08-09-2011, 05:18 PM
hey that was me... lol. j/k NOT me at all. I love launching 1 once slider sinker or even Tady 45 with NO HOOKS on the end of it.

fish-o-haulic
08-09-2011, 05:52 PM
heard you on jerk boaters, experienced it a thousand times. once my uncle "accidentally" casted at one with a pyramid sinker(oops) guess he didnt mean to give that guy a concussion. you have to really watch out for things that could be in the air when your pissing off fisherman going 50mph in your boat. Oh well hope the guy had insurance. hahahahahaha. Then when i tell this story to non fisherman they act puzzled and surprised. but yeah jerk boaters get everyone im sure of it

casting call
08-09-2011, 07:50 PM
I was there. It was an aluminum boat and they beached at the point and had music playing most of the night. He pulls off the point, heads slowly back towards the creek, turns around and just GUNS it. I was just east of that point he pulled off of, and fortunately a little distance from where he made his bee line. But yeah, for him to reel back towards the creek and THEN gun it, what a d0uche. What happened at the ramp?

Hooks, I dont know if you saw, but I got out there to the flats at around 8pm, and there was a guy out there on a float tube. I wasnt sure if he stayed until the sun went down, I lost track of him. Did you see him? He had some balls to stay out there on a tube that late with jerks like the one descirbed out and about.

BabyKiller
08-09-2011, 08:26 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/funny-pictures-bored-cat.jpg

Hitts0n
08-09-2011, 09:56 PM
Its bad enough people are speeding on the lake...but at night its worst.Not everyone has lights,and its not safe to speed on that lake at night.People are abusing the night fishing privilege that we have for night fishing.I guess we need more patrol boats on the water since we have immaturity on the lake.....its a dayum shame....:Rolls Eyes:

hooks
08-09-2011, 10:18 PM
I was there. It was an aluminum boat and they beached at the point and had music playing most of the night. He pulls off the point, heads slowly back towards the creek, turns around and just GUNS it. I was just east of that point he pulled off of, and fortunately a little distance from where he made his bee line. But yeah, for him to reel back towards the creek and THEN gun it, what a d0uche. What happened at the ramp?

Hooks, I dont know if you saw, but I got out there to the flats at around 8pm, and there was a guy out there on a float tube. I wasnt sure if he stayed until the sun went down, I lost track of him. Did you see him? He had some balls to stay out there on a tube that late with jerks like the one descirbed out and about.

Yeah, it was pretty crazy. 30 years of night fishing there and I've never seen anything like that. If a boat had been coming out of the trees at that moment, it would of been really bad.
I think it was same guys who pulled around 5 or 6 guys in line on the ramp to pull their boats out. They seemed to hook up real quick then tear out of the parking lot.
Maybe they'll be back this Friday.

Hometown
08-09-2011, 10:19 PM
Yea there is small boats not lit well and dum assssssssssses speeding not kooooooooooooool

karalm
08-10-2011, 05:56 AM
If they are back this Friday, I've got my "D" batteries at the ready......Just say when sir!!

hooks
08-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Yeah, it's dark out there and when some nut is in dangering you and countless others, who knows what might coming flying out of the darkness. I'm not sure what could be done to prevent racing around at night. It's usually bass boats or pontoons I see racing around after dark but not this time. Unless someone is patrolling the area at the time, nothing can be done. And you can usually see the patrol boat from the other side of the lake at night. Maybe a few stealth patrols at night might nab a few of these speedsters. Or maybe a warning at the ramp stating what can happen to private boaters if they killed someone due to their stupidity (the lake shouldn't be responsible for such actions).

Hitts0n
08-10-2011, 07:53 PM
I guess its time to give Kewly a call......:Confused:

HBAR
08-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Was at Piru one time fishing close to the area where they used to rent the boats from when this guy with his kid and another adult got in the boat and instead of just putting out of the dock area he guns it, heads straight for the shore line 4 guys fishing from there have to run out of the way boat hits the shore kid goes flying out lands about 25 ft in front of the boat the other adult get's cut pretty good and the renter was all what happened? They took the boat and tied it back up kept his money and kicked them off the lake.

Another time some idiot who later we found out was in the navy was putting around in the area between the shore and the dock same area as above, cuts all of our lines his white girlfriend is telling him hey um are we suppose to be in this area? "all the guys on the shore are yelling at us". Needless to say there was a welcoming party for him as they came off the dock, there happened to be a cop there as they came out and he made him pay us each for the gear he cut off.

fish-o-haulic
08-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Was at Piru one time fishing close to the area where they used to rent the boats from when this guy with his kid and another adult got in the boat and instead of just putting out of the dock area he guns it, heads straight for the shore line 4 guys fishing from there have to run out of the way boat hits the shore kid goes flying out lands about 25 ft in front of the boat the other adult get's cut pretty good and the renter was all what happened? They took the boat and tied it back up kept his money and kicked them off the lake.

Another time some idiot who later we found out was in the navy was putting around in the area between the shore and the dock same area as above, cuts all of our lines his white girlfriend is telling him hey um are we suppose to be in this area? "all the guys on the shore are yelling at us". Needless to say there was a welcoming party for him as they came off the dock, there happened to be a cop there as they came out and he made him pay us each for the gear he cut off.

was the dude black or mexican or something cuz you said his white girlfriend.

Hometown
08-10-2011, 08:40 PM
i was thinking the same thing but maybe he hit the t on accident it is next to the f white or wife

Marley
08-11-2011, 07:53 PM
D cell? You mean you didn't have mackerel or chicken livers?

Sparky70
08-11-2011, 08:10 PM
His balls are now floating in the lake somewhere !

VinePatrol
08-12-2011, 08:01 AM
Hello Vine Fishermen/women- to help with your concerns of "speeding boaters" on the lake, especially at night:

Please contact the tackle shop and report any speeders on the lake 714)649-9111.

We always have someone on patrol that can go out and keep these speeders in check.
Thank you,
Vinepatrol

HBAR
08-22-2011, 10:47 AM
OK the first idiot who ran the boat up on shore was Mexican, the second idiot who cut all of our lines was black. Lets not turn this into a racial thing fellas, sometimes we all can be equally stupid.

"American by birth
Mexican by blood
U.S. Marine by choice"

Big Jess
08-22-2011, 12:17 PM
OK the first idiot who ran the boat up on shore was Mexican, the second idiot who cut all of our lines was black. Lets not turn this into a racial thing fellas, sometimes we all can be equally stupid.

"American by birth
Mexican by blood
U.S. Marine by choice"

Seriuosly......dude.

Most the time its the guys in the rentals being the dumbarses

Hometown
08-22-2011, 09:36 PM
yes lots of folks out there.that dont know how to operate a outboard add beer and not good.But ethnic back ground has nothing to do with it.

Hometown
08-22-2011, 09:41 PM
Yes maybe more than boat owners since they might have more experince.But I have rented boats many times and no the proper procedures and I do own a boat and its not my first.But I do agree it is the rental fleet a lot of the time but there is a lot of private boat owners that need a boating class.

hooks
08-22-2011, 10:29 PM
And it was a private boat with 3 white guys on it. Rentals won't do 40 or 50 miles an hour.
Haven't seen them since but D cells are ready...:Twisted:

Big Daddy
08-22-2011, 11:14 PM
And it was a private boat with 3 white guys on it. Rentals won't do 40 or 50 miles an hour.
Haven't seen them since but D cells are ready...:Twisted:

Stinkin White guy's

Hometown
08-22-2011, 11:24 PM
maybe they were runing for the blue berry pancakes and slab bacon.I heard breakfast closes when supplys run out

Stinkin White guy's