PDA

View Full Version : New rental bass boats coming to DVL

Rick Grover
08-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Just wanted to let all you hardcore DV'ers know that the lake has bought some new Tracker Grizzly 16' bass boats with 25 Merc 4/stks, and motorguide TM's with built in chargers. Next time your in the store go give Matt and the gang a high 5 for keeping the fleet updated. Hopefully they will have a few for your Striper derby coming up, as they are just starting to roll in. Rick Grover, Anglers Marine

TrouTracker
08-09-2011, 02:31 PM
Called over to DVL today regarding the new rental boats. Kyle at the lake said that it looks like they will be rolling in as early as next week. As Rick Grover said, that's perfect timing for the Striper King Classic. It's also a great reminder for those who are in the tournament to make your boat reservation very soon. It's great that DVL is upgrading their rentals.........
Barry

a321eric
08-09-2011, 02:52 PM
This is awesome!!! Thanks to all who put this together and upgraded for us fishermen! WTG

DarkShadow
08-09-2011, 02:56 PM
Sweet!

Let's hope the peeps that rent them actually take care of them.

I've seen some pretty big gashes on the side of their current aluminum fleet that makes me wonder if Ray Charles was at the helm or whether someone took a can opener to the side of the boat.

ushone
08-09-2011, 03:09 PM
to tell u the truth....last time i was out i had one of those boats with the gnarly gashes and when we got back around 6pm it was rough and choppy as hell, once it was tied up to the dock and we were off i watch the boats grind and slam due to rough waters against the dock in the exact spot were the gash was....and after watching for a while i came to the conclusion a lot of em get the gashes on the nose over time due to the dock

HawgZWylde
08-09-2011, 08:31 PM
to tell u the truth....last time i was out i had one of those boats with the gnarly gashes and when we got back around 6pm it was rough and choppy as hell, once it was tied up to the dock and we were off i watch the boats grind and slam due to rough waters against the dock in the exact spot were the gash was....and after watching for a while i came to the conclusion a lot of em get the gashes on the nose over time due to the dock

Yup, pretty big waves get around that attenuator, it doesn't work very well. I know several people whose own boats were damaged just dropping some one off to get the truck. The Marina should have been at the west end of the lake, at the head of the prevailing winds out of the west, it's already graded...

30lber
08-10-2011, 08:23 AM
Thats great news.
Will they be going any faster?
Or will they still be knocked down to 10mph

Rick Grover
08-10-2011, 02:00 PM
Those Mercury 25's are stock from the box and ready to rock. If the lake de-tunes them thats up to them. Also the best thing about the new Grizzly Trackers are all the non-skid floors and decks, so no slippery surfaces when climbing in. Enjoy folks. Rick G.

Rapala17
08-10-2011, 03:06 PM
THIS IS GREAT NEWS! FINALLY, DVL HAS DONE SOMETHING AWESOME FOR THEIR "DIE-HARD" FISHERMEN!

Bent Rods For Life,
Rapala17

DrePSP
08-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Nice!! what about bimini tops? I am really debating on doing the striper classic. but dont want to fork out almost 2 bills for a pontoon boat. if I could get one of these with a bimini I'd be signing up.

DoubleTrouble
08-16-2011, 12:36 AM
Wear a hat. :)

DarkShadow
08-16-2011, 08:47 AM
Nice!! what about bimini tops?

They should also provide a 'snacks and drinks' boat, that drives around the lake, offering refreshing beverages and tasty morsels to the boaters. It can get mighty hot out there.

ushone
08-16-2011, 05:01 PM
so...have they shown up yet?

striperkingclassic1
08-16-2011, 05:23 PM
To ushone- Just called DV Marina about the new boats. Daniel from the marina is reporting that the new boats will be prepped and ready for the Striper King Classic on the 27th. Great news for all.......

DrePSP
08-19-2011, 01:53 PM
They should also provide a 'snacks and drinks' boat, that drives around the lake, offering refreshing beverages and tasty morsels to the boaters. It can get mighty hot out there.

That would be nice. on serious note. I thought it was a legit Question. It's the 'deluxe' model and living in S. cali where summers are hot. I think it would be a nice perk to have. Especially if you want to bring a kid with you. maybe you guys havent fished on a boat with a Bimini top, its nice to have on a hot sunny day. I would be bring my boat, butI cant bring my boat is it has a 2stroke

DarkShadow
08-19-2011, 02:01 PM
That would be nice. on serious note. I thought it was a legit Question. It's the 'deluxe' model and living in S. cali where summers are hot. I think it would be a nice perk to have.

So would the snack boat!

I know I've been out there a few times in 100º weather wishing that a boat filled with tasty snacks and cold beverages would drive by Rawson's Cove and satiate my need for a Diet Coke and some Pringles. I'm not asking for a shaved ice machine or a brick oven pizza maker installed on the boat, but just have it carry some basic amenities that one may forget while heading out to the lake.

Imagine picking up a carton of nightcrawlers without having to leave your secret spot and drive all the way back to the marina!

If golf courses (and Irvine Lake) can do it, why can't DVL?

bruce watson
08-19-2011, 02:27 PM
Just remember guys that these are new boats. For the first 2 weeks, during the derby, they should not be driven over 5mph or 800rmp on the motor. Give them a good break-in and me a break at getting places before you.

goseango
08-19-2011, 02:41 PM
How long before they raise the rates?? Also , you better take lots of pictures of your rental before leaving the dock otherwise say good by to the deposit.

DarkShadow
08-19-2011, 02:50 PM
Also , you better take lots of pictures of your rental before leaving the dock otherwise say good by to the deposit.

I see you too have experienced the wrath of, "There's a microscopic mark on the prop, thus you owe us $20."

Gotta love the fact that I carry my own trolling motor and NEVER am near any shallow water to scratch the prop, AND, i get the basics with electronic trim to make it easier to raise the prop, just in case I do manage to wander into shallow water.

Yet, they still managed to attempt to tell me the prop had marks that weren't there before.

I understand nailing the people who, let's say, drive their rental full throttle up on dry land, but to try to make a buck here and there from people who may not know better is pretty sheisty.

If it hadn't been for the pair of guys who also work at the dock that know me well, and told the guy who was playing Law and Order - Prop Inspection Unit to sign off on the yellow paper and call it a day, I'd be down $20.

Rick Grover
08-19-2011, 03:22 PM
are rigged the same. 1648SC Grizzly Trackers with 25ELPT 4's Mercurys, 12V Motorguide T/M's, fishing seats, batteries and built in chargers. Also they all have trailers so maybe they will pull them out at night to keep them from taking a beating on the attenuator. That alone should make them last a few more years. We have a full lake with great fishing, [knock, knock] a new launch ramp in case of the water going down again, and a water district/conessioner willing to make investments in keeping the lakes rental fleet up to date with better equipment. We are lucky to have that place, IMHO. Rick G.

headcase881
08-19-2011, 04:22 PM
Sweet!

Let's hope the peeps that rent them actually take care of them.

I've seen some pretty big gashes on the side of their current aluminum fleet that makes me wonder if Ray Charles was at the helm or whether someone took a can opener to the side of the boat. im with shadow i rented one and i looked like the thing had been wrecked

ushone
08-20-2011, 10:13 AM
thanks for the info on when there comin in, ill prolly be out their the 28th to do a lil fishin and take one of those suckers out

DrePSP
08-24-2011, 08:44 PM
talked to one of the guys at the marina and he said he doesnt think they will have them by the tournament.
Thank God they will have new boats! their deluxe rental today was POS! it looks likes someone took a can opener to those things. First the motor would slam into gear and even at lowest throttle setting it was way too fast to troll with. guessing 5 mph ( fish finder speed ometer wouldnt work) not trolling kinda ruined my whole day. the worst part was that after good 4 hours I found out the Fu**ing fish finder was not working at all! ok, it did work here and there but I could not believe I couln't run into any fish. very speratic one or two fish in the whole lake? this was confirmed once I ran into big daddy and he was saying how his screen is full of fish while my screen was blank. I had my own boat and fish finder and I played with this one to make sure it beeps and tags the fishes depth,. so I know the setting was right. what of POS. my half day downt the drain. when i dropped the boat off The guys at the marina 'should have brought back when you went out and we'd give you another one' No sh*t genious!? IF I KNEW it was broken and I wasnt out of time and the other side of lake when i found out!
another thing fow that wish list... bimini top on 'DELUXE' as well as some rod holders for trolling.