PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln Park

vicioustattoo
08-08-2011, 04:03 PM
This is my first post. I usually go out to larger lakes, but lately I've been going to Lincoln Park lake here and there. Caught a baby bluegill, a turtle and a crayfish using worms. For some reason there are alot of crayfish and turtles at LP. I've seen people catch some decent sized catfish. The other thing is that there alot of baby trout feeding as soon as the sun sets. Hopefully we don't get alot of these bucket fishermen raping the lake as soon as they're old enough to bite. Anybody visited LP lately?http://fishinghotpage.com/forum4/images/attach/jpg.gif
http://fishinghotpage.com/forum4/images/attach/jpg.gifhttp://fishinghotpage.com/forum4/images/attach/jpg.gif

Ifishtoolittle
08-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Nice work on the aquatic creatures! Oh, and I think those baby trout may be LMBs because it's not very likely that city park trout ever spawn.

stressD
08-12-2011, 11:37 PM
there's no lmb at lincoln park, j/k. i'm just hoping no one reads this thread. lp park is one of my regular lakes, damn.

smokehound
08-12-2011, 11:58 PM
Sounds more like shad to me!

maxharter
08-18-2011, 04:22 PM
First time posting here. I have lived in this area for years. They are most likely panfish and LMBs. I've seen them in the shallows at dusk nipping on bugs at the surface.

The turtles are a huge problem. They are all over at Ernest Dobbs lake, Echo Park and Lincoln Park lake due to the sales of red painted turtles in Chinatown. If you go down to Broadway street in Chinatown, every little store sells these turtles in the small plastic aquariums. Kids get tired of the turtle, parents get tired of cleaning and feeding these dirty creatures. So they toss the turtle in the lake.

That's why they are all over. They eat the fish, reproduce fast, have almost no natural predators or enemies. Several years back, my friend had a huge problem with these things in his farm pond. I had a blast with my .22 pellet rifle, thinning out the population.

DarkShadow
08-18-2011, 04:42 PM
Sounds more like shad to me!

Hey Phantom34, the chads at Lincoln Park are finally up!

Hopefully the stripers follow.

phantom 34
08-18-2011, 05:08 PM
hey phantom34, the chads at lincoln park are finally up!

Hopefully the stripers follow.
dont know about the stripers,but i'll take me some strippers....

vicioustattoo
08-24-2011, 02:52 PM
I don't know what's going on, but I went back to Lincoln Park on Monday 8/22 about 7:30am and all I can see is dozens of crawdaddys floating all around the bank. A couple of hours later, I find at least 7 to 10 catfish floating upside down! I don't know what the hell's going on, have they been poisoned? Lack of oxygen? I don't get it! I did manage to land a baby bass, released of course!

DarkShadow
08-24-2011, 03:10 PM
I don't know what's going on, but I went back to Lincoln Park on Monday 8/22 about 7:30am and all I can see is dozens of crawdaddys floating all around the bank. A couple of hours later, I find at least 7 to 10 catfish floating upside down! I don't know what the hell's going on, have they been poisoned? Lack of oxygen? I don't get it! I did manage to land a baby bass, released of course!

Someone must have dropped a bottle of The Juice in the lake.

FELIPE
08-26-2011, 05:53 AM
Este guey!!!! You look surprised did you know to throw it back in?
And not down yer throat!!!