PDA

View Full Version : Lake Perris 8/7 - Pretty good day.

Mestre909
08-08-2011, 04:01 PM
I decided to wake up on Sunday morning and hit up Lake Perris with my son. We got to the Lake about 9:00am and started on the beach in Sail Cove. My son caught one dinks and got a few bites myself. Mostly smaller fish. As the sun got hotter, decided to go to the boat launch area which is a lot deeper. We got to launches 8-9 near the Police Dock and boats. Jet skiis everywhere, people camped on the shore - we didn't care. We took off our shoes and waded in the water, navigating around the jet skii types and easy ups. Techniques used where drop shots and Fat IKA. Caught my first bass, 1# 2oz on an 8inch morning dawn warm I got from Last Chance. I normally use smaller worms, but my theory is bigger baits, bigger fish. I then switched over to the IKA and caught the next 3 bass which weighed 2#-12oz, 2#-13oz, and 3#-03oz respectively. Probably one of the best days I've had bassin yet. :-) My son caught his biggest bass of the day of 1# on a ds. Perris is definately back on the map. Can't believe all this happened from the shore and not a boat.

Ifishtoolittle
08-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Man you guys were able to pull fish out of that much people traffic both on and off the water? Wow, nice work fellas.

tagg27
08-08-2011, 06:06 PM
WTG. Those are some nice fish. Congrats to your son on his PB bass and with a cast on his arm no less.

vortec_cruiser
08-08-2011, 06:14 PM
That just goes to show you that fish will bite even in heavy traffic areas.

Kelster
08-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Pretty cool catching fish so close to so many people. We are always looking for that special "spot" and it's right where we started from. WTG

bassgrabber1
08-08-2011, 08:23 PM
I told you Kenyon that Perris is on fire!!! You gotta get out there with me on the boat!!!

a321eric
08-08-2011, 09:06 PM
Ya its WFO, I did great today out on the lake. All nice 2 -3 1/2 lb fish! Way to go out there.