PDA

View Full Version : bishop report w/pics

TrOuT FeVeR
08-08-2011, 02:51 PM
went up to bishop with my uncle and his wife and camped at creek side rv park.friday morning we fished south lake and between my uncle i we pulled out 10 fish and they were all released we went back to our campsite and cooked breakfast and headed out to north lake we caught about 50 fish from north lake and 4 over 2 pounds.the biggest fish of the trip was a 3 1/2 lb alper caught on gulp power eggs it was a great trip kept 12 fish total and released about 90 fish.overall it was a great trip.thats me holding that
3 1/2 pounder and my uncle holding the 2 1/2 pounder

Trout-Slayer77
08-08-2011, 05:08 PM
nice pics, sounds like you killed it up there, way to go !

Viejo
08-08-2011, 05:36 PM
Yep...you slayed 'em!

vortec_cruiser
08-08-2011, 06:11 PM
Nice job, especially with the C&R. I've always liked the Bishop area for fishing.

TrOuT FeVeR
08-08-2011, 08:37 PM
thanks everybody north lake was wide open saw this one guy at south lake saw a guy killing them on a float tube he was using mini jigs and he was fishing by the dam.they have been catching some nice size fish up their someone pulled a 10 pounder out of their last week.

GdHkSet1
08-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Nice Alpers, I camped at Creekside too a couple of years ago nice and peaceful in late Sept, that creek held some nice fish in it too. Thanks for sharing. I look fwd to my trip next month, but we will be up near Silver lake this next trip.

phishin phool
08-08-2011, 10:09 PM
Congrats on the slayage, nice post. Gotta love "The drainage", really been on fire lately.

2jackedLUNGS
08-08-2011, 10:41 PM
nice job. thanks for the report.

troutdog
08-09-2011, 12:53 AM
Sounds like a great trip, congrats! Way to represent Team57...always good to see that shirt in a report :Thumbs Up:

TD

billy b
08-09-2011, 08:53 AM
NICE REPORT ... and nice fishin

Just got a bunch of Gulp Power eggs and wondered which colors are best? How do you rig them up?

THANKS

TrOuT FeVeR
08-09-2011, 10:39 AM
thanks everybody and billy b carolina rig if your fishing lake with a quarter ounce sinker then i use carolina keeper its much easier then putting a swivel and a size 6 hook you put 2 eggs on a size six hook and a 2 or 3 foot leader. all colors work good for me but my favorite is pink and orange. when your fishing in the creeks i use a small split shot with a short leader and the size 6 hook. another bait that is hot right now is the pinch crawler made by gulp. we caught a lot of fish on that to

jerr-dog
08-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Very nice fish. sounds like you had a GREAT time. Thanks for the report. Can't wait to get up there next month this gets me fired up.

TrOuT FeVeR
08-09-2011, 10:27 PM
jerr-dog thank you when r u going up their next month and where are u staying

billy b
08-10-2011, 11:18 AM
thanks everybody and billy b carolina rig if your fishing lake with a quarter ounce sinker then i use carolina keeper its much easier then putting a swivel and a size 6 hook you put 2 eggs on a size six hook and a 2 or 3 foot leader. all colors work good for me but my favorite is pink and orange. when your fishing in the creeks i use a small split shot with a short leader and the size 6 hook. another bait that is hot right now is the pinch crawler made by gulp. we caught a lot of fish on that to

Love those CKeepers!... which color Pinched Crawler did you like best? ... and did you try plain and garlic?

THANKS MUCH!

TrOuT FeVeR
08-10-2011, 12:55 PM
billy b the pinched crawler colors that worked good were the brow nightcrawler color and orange both in garlic

no problem