PDA

View Full Version : New record striped bass

doublejcowgrl
08-08-2011, 01:42 PM
This morning, Striper Cup angler Greg Myerson weighed in a striped bass that registered 81.88 pounds on the scale at Jack’s Shoreline in Westbrook, Connecticut

DarkShadow
08-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Go Red Sox nation!

bxbomber
08-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Go Red Sox nation!

Completely inappropriate considering last nights events.

Hooked Up
08-08-2011, 04:26 PM
That Striper was caught in the Ocean! That's cheating! lol Wish I caught it though! lol

candyman
08-09-2011, 12:24 AM
man that thing is a toad!!!

Surfnsnowboard3
08-09-2011, 03:34 AM
He killed it....WTF

Also, why is this posted in a DVL reports page? Very misleading

doublejcowgrl
08-09-2011, 04:11 AM
Relax it was just posted because of the striper derby interest nothing for you to worry about it says it was caught at Jack’s Shoreline in Westbrook, Connecticut nothing misleading

caddyjack
08-09-2011, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the post, interesting see new records being set! And yes nothing misleading about posting this in this section if u SIMPLY read what was posted!

viperman100
08-09-2011, 12:02 PM
81 LBS. STRIPER OUT OF DVL!!!!!!

just kidding, I read the thread, that thing is massive, I dont know how you would have kept it alive and brought it in for weighing.

fishmounter
08-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Surfnsnowboard3- Did you release that big halibut and giant Lingcod? Huh? I'm just messing with you and I too like to see ALL fish released alive, but if it's going to die or if there's a good chance that it might be a new record fish, you should keep it. For the official record books, a state biologist has to tape it, weigh it, take scale samples, etc. I had a hard time releasing an 18 inch Black Crappie at Lake Perris recently. Pretty sure it would have been a lake record fish.

fishinone
08-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Wow! that's a nice fish.

I want one of those.

Surfnsnowboard3
08-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Surfnsnowboard3- Did you release that big halibut and giant Lingcod? Huh? I'm just messing with you and I too like to see ALL fish released alive, but if it's going to die or if there's a good chance that it might be a new record fish, you should keep it. For the official record books, a state biologist has to tape it, weigh it, take scale samples, etc. I had a hard time releasing an 18 inch Black Crappie at Lake Perris recently. Pretty sure it would have been a lake record fish.

Hell no I didn't LOL. I ate all that! Good point. I retract my last statement.

My purpose of saying it was misleading was because the title of the thread in the DVL section says "New Record Striped Bass," so based on that alone it makes the reader thunk it was at DVL. It's like being teased, I HATE it lol.

JV
08-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Hell no I didn't LOL. I ate all that! Good point. I retract my last statement.

My purpose of saying it was misleading was because the title of the thread in the DVL section says "New Record Striped Bass," so based on that alone it makes the reader thunk it was at DVL. It's like being teased, I HATE it lol.

You're dropping the ball there snowsurf - there are a few reports on here that don't give much info. You better get to work. Maybe you can tag team with absolutepig to set these obviously deceptive posters straight.

Surfnsnowboard3
08-09-2011, 10:10 PM
You're dropping the ball there snowsurf - there are a few reports on here that don't give much info. You better get to work. Maybe you can tag team with absolutepig to set these obviously deceptive posters straight.

You seriously don't have anything better to do than TROLL on here and comment on little ol' me? Get a life bro and stop hating.

Stormcrow
08-13-2011, 07:35 AM
Relax it was just posted because of the striper derby interest nothing for you to worry about it says it was caught at Jack’s Shoreline in Westbrook, Connecticut nothing misleading

Actually, it is misleading....

1. Its in the wrong forum...the forum is DVL REPORTS...This fish was NOT caught ANYWHERE NEAR DVL...
2. If you WANTED to put it in this forum, the TITLE should have at least mentioned the East Coast.

Most people saw that title in this forum and thought a record striper was caught at DVL...the notion that you even make an attempt to justify your mistake is insulting....

But hey...it is a hell of a nice fish. I know some of the surf guys fishing here have bagged decent size striper off of the SOCAL coast every now and again.

karalm
08-13-2011, 10:58 AM
Only two words............HOLY COW!! (and a "Cow" it is)