PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid quick romp n' stomp sat morn

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-08-2011, 11:00 AM
Hit up Pyrmamid lake Saturday morning.
The original plan was to take Hiro’s boat but my buddy Dave flaked out and never heard from him, he was going to tow Hiro’s boat as my hitch is underated to haul a bigger boat…

Well last minute had to decide whether to just cancel or take my 12’ skiff…

Forget canceling…I’m going fishin’ !

Got my boat ready last minute sat morning..

Decided to leave the graph and subsequent required battery so the boat would be lightwer and therefore faster to chase down boils…

Fish got on a boil as the sunlight penetrated the water…therefore energizing the plankton…therefore getting the shad active…

Stripey were open water boil oriented early on in the morning as the sunlight creeped over the mountains and hit the deeper zones 1st in the eastern regions…

Schools of 30-60 stripers at 1st…scattered about you needed to chase and predict where they’d come up next…

As the sun presented higher in the sky and winds picked up a bit, the bite turned from open water related to near the grass beds as the shad were fleeing certain death from Mr Stripey…

Schools got bigger of 70 to over 100 fish at a time on the last 4 boils I experienced…

Topwater explosions kept the energy levels high even though the average grade of fish were pyramid small….

Can’t complain…those boils are always an awesome experience just to watch…let alone slay in…

Kept 5 for the dinner table and finished up about 10:30 fishing…

Took a quick run around a few spots to check activity then got off the water and headed home…

Good fun out there..

Here are the few I kept for dinner:
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/pyramid8-6-11.jpg
all on topwater lures….
Didn’t bother trolling as that was not the action I was seeking : )

A quick hit and quit in the ol’ tub for me : )

Go chase ‘em down guys !

Gary

seal
08-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Congratulations! The boils have been limited at Silverwood, too much wind they seem to be dramatically affected by wind up here.

How would you know how many are in a boil Gary? Most would say if you see a surface boil that there is only a fraction of the fish on top boiling with many more down below it feeding.

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Congratulations! The boils have been limited at Silverwood, too much wind they seem to be dramatically affected by wind up here.

How would you know how many are in a boil Gary? Most would say if you see a surface boil that there is only a fraction of the fish on top boiling with many more down below it feeding.My numbers are in general not meant to be taken as exact #’s…

One can never truly, accurately access the #’s in a boiling school..

experience and unforetold amounts of boils under my belt allows me the luxury of a “Guesstimation” courtesy… I would surmise..

Again not meant to be taken to the exacts…that’s why you’ll see my guestimations appear as 30-60 or 70 to 100 etc.

Bottom line is “THERES ALLOT OF FISH BOILING” exact #’s are not really necessary…

There are certainly fish not visible under the surface activity, not suggesting there aren’t…those are not the fish I am calculating into my averages

I wouldn’t dwell on any #’s at this point…

go get ‘em, let’s stop talkin’ bout it : )

If you fish it…they will come !

Get yo’ keel ON !

They are there….they are biting…!

SLAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Not saying a whole lot more…nothin’ more need be said guys : )

Fish the topwater…

P.S.
Most of your hardcore action is occuring right on the surface...there are times that some larger fish may be lingering underneath but I couldn't whole heartedly recomend focussing most of the effort on those fish...the frenzied action is all occuring right where the bait is and thats scattering right on top..many times finning..

the fish lower in the collumn can indeed be the bigger lazier units picking off the wounded but I would stay more focused on the rat pack going on in the upper inches of the water collumn...

just go keel them....make it a bloodbath !

KEEL ! them !

Murder death keel !

661Bass'n
08-08-2011, 01:39 PM
Gary,

you got me Motivated and pumped!! I am calling in sick tomorrow!!!! Matter of fact I think I am going to take the rest of the day off and get my top waters tied on tonight and at the ready...thanks for the report I look to break my skunk at the Mid, and hopefully my wife with finally get Mr. Stripey!!!

Alex

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-08-2011, 01:45 PM
Gary,

you got me Motivated and pumped!! I am calling in sick tomorrow!!!! Matter of fact I think I am going to take the rest of the day off and get my top waters tied on tonight and at the ready...thanks for the report I look to break my skunk at the Mid, and hopefully my wife with finally get Mr. Stripey!!!

Alex
One last thing I’ll add is it’s probably wise to have TWO poles per person rigged and ready…that way when you get on the boiling feesh…land the one..throw it in the bottom of the boat and cast the other..

That way you’ll get more time on the boil b4 it goes down !

Search the boils out...be patient...find their patterns and sometimes u'll need ta wait for them..

Good luck !
Gary

661Bass'n
08-08-2011, 01:50 PM
ya...good info, I normally only have a top water, on mine and one on my wife's, then a crank/jerk bait on another...I think I might just keep two with top water's tied on....

have a good one...

Alex

seal
08-08-2011, 03:07 PM
My numbers are in general not meant to be taken as exact #’s…

One can never truly, accurately access the #’s in a boiling school..

experience and unforetold amounts of boils under my belt allows me the luxury of a “Guesstimation” courtesy… I would surmise..

Again not meant to be taken to the exacts…that’s why you’ll see my guestimations appear as 30-60 or 70 to 100 etc.

Bottom line is “THERES ALLOT OF FISH BOILING” exact #’s are not really necessary…

There are certainly fish not visible under the surface activity, not suggesting there aren’t…those are not the fish I am calculating into my averages

I wouldn’t dwell on any #’s at this point…

go get ‘em, let’s stop talkin’ bout it : )

If you fish it…they will come !

Get yo’ keel ON !

They are there….they are biting…!

SLAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Not saying a whole lot more…nothin’ more need be said guys : )

Fish the topwater…

P.S.
Most of your hardcore action is occuring right on the surface...there are times that some larger fish may be lingering underneath but I couldn't whole heartedly recomend focussing most of the effort on those fish...the frenzied action is all occuring right where the bait is and thats scattering right on top..many times finning..

the fish lower in the collumn can indeed be the bigger lazier units picking off the wounded but I would stay more focused on the rat pack going on in the upper inches of the water collumn...

just go keel them....make it a bloodbath !

KEEL ! them !

Murder death keel !

I get ya and really just was making a point, sometimes a sub-surface presentation (maybe a sub-walk rapalla) will do the trick and pick off some of the bigger dudes hanging below picking off scraps.

Although I just gotta see the blow up so I rarely go under if there's boils!!!

Jealous, need the bite to get more consistent, you've energized me to go check it out this evening, THANKS!

fishinone
08-09-2011, 10:17 AM
OK! OK! Enough about the boils. LOL

I have to get out there.

Congrats on the catching.

TroutOnly
08-09-2011, 02:04 PM
Get off my boils,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,more blood,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-09-2011, 03:13 PM
Get off my boils,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,more blood,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Bob…

If you have boils…

Might I suggest:

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/PreparationH.jpg

pyramidrose
08-09-2011, 05:45 PM
To The Powers that be................... We are looking for a return trip from the "Striper-fest" hardcore. Call us to see if we can make it happen.:LOL:

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-09-2011, 06:08 PM
To The Powers that be................... We are looking for a return trip from the "Striper-fest" hardcore. Call us to see if we can make it happen.:LOL:
That thar' would be me !

Have ta' get something planned, just spread real thin right now between, Lake, Duct, Ocean.

I like the idea and something certainly CAN happen.

We'll talk soon : )

Good speaking with you the other day also : )

Gary

crappiemike
08-09-2011, 08:28 PM
a bet the tacos were tasty....

nice job on the skiff!!

cm

TroutOnly
08-10-2011, 08:31 AM
Gary the only two hemaroids i have are you and carpboy,youre both a real pain in the a/s/s/,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Gary the only two hemaroids i have are you and carpboy,youre both a real pain in the a/s/s/,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
ahhh yes...my life's goal is now COMPLETE : )

pyramidrose
08-10-2011, 01:13 PM
If i don't shake the tree the coconut won't fall out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:LOL:

The power that be should see us soon....................:Smile:
That thar' would be me !

Have ta' get something planned, just spread real thin right now between, Lake, Duct, Ocean.

I like the idea and something certainly CAN happen.

We'll talk soon : )

Good speaking with you the other day also : )

Gary

MikesOcean
08-10-2011, 10:32 PM
Bob…

If you have boils…

Might I suggest:

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/PreparationH.jpg

Geeeez!!!!! I think there's a coupon in the paper ........
buy one and get one FREEE........

GET yor SLAAAAAAAAY ON! !!!!!!!!!!!!