PDA

View Full Version : Thank you FNNers for the advice

P1M
08-08-2011, 10:20 AM
I had ask last week on some hints for getting more consistant on landing rainbows on a lure. I had some good feedback and took alittle from what everyone told me and this weekend was kinda slow but I went 4 caught with 0 missed!
I took a buddy and my family up for a weekend trip this weekend. Got to the lake late and it was crowded. Found a spot and mom decided she was hungry and took kids to get breakfast. My boy fishes bait and wait so I just used his pole while they where gone. 10mins there fish on. My buddy, right next to me was bait and wait with 2 poles because he has the license for the extra pole same bait, same leader lenght, different sinker and hooks. Kinda slow at first and so I started fishing closer in. It went crazy! I still hadn't started fishing with my pole because I was busy with my son. My buddy......Nothing.... i told him what I was using and he believed his set up would work so he kept oh. A little kid notice my boy and I kept catching fish so he came right next to me. I notice he was using a huge hook that could be used as and anchor so I set him up the same way as I was. Bam!!! he started catching fish. My buddy was getting mad so he takes one of his poles and tries a lure. As I am making fun he makes the comment, "If your so good throw some lures" First cast fish on! I caught 4 and all where clean catches and perfect C&R. All said my boy and I caught 12 fish and kept 8 because they swallowed the hooks and my buddy caught SKUNKED!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you guys on the pointers and the better way to catch and release!

tacklejunkie
08-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Sounds like a success.
It pays to question what is going on. You can just about always improve something.