PDA

View Full Version : ? for bank fishermen

dday07
08-07-2011, 05:25 PM
ok guys,which side of the marina do you prefer for largemouth...left or right? do not need to know any secret spots,just best side..thanks

AbsolutePig
08-07-2011, 10:54 PM
ok guys,which side of the marina do you prefer for largemouth...left or right? do not need to know any secret spots,just best side..thanks

Both sides are good to go really.....I think there's more brush and bushes to the right. I've caught fish on both sides. Best of luck!

kutz
08-08-2011, 09:44 PM
I know the fish have been on structure lately, went shore fishing on the right side week and a half ago, Sunday, saw incredible action on the surface. But really wasn't prepared. I bet if you drop shot working the points on the far side of the breeze, working the weight like walking down stairs, along the rocks until close to the shore, for that matter working the bank backwards (climbing the stairs) with a DS rig and a 4 1/2 robo straight tail with a 1\4 oz to 3\8 oz weight about 18" below the hook, good colors are morning dawn, MM, oxblood red flake, greenie weinie, orange crush. I can't pretend to be any kind of an adept, but if you just want to catch fish and not concerned with the weight this works very well for me. I find with a sensitive rod I can feel the weight tumble from one rock to another either up or down. Unless I get impatient, I work the up and down on the worm only with the stretch on the line. I lift only if it feels weird (like I missed the bite on the slack) otherwise I let the weight follow the contour of the structure waiting for that tell tell bump bump bump, If ADD doesn't get in the way I lower my rod tip for a second looking for the line to move at all, then it's just a lift on the rod to set the hook. I catch more dinks than I prefer, but this technique has produced large numbers with or without a boat or depth finder. I found that presentation (straight worm) worm color, and knot/hook are the keys to success when DSing or TXing. If someone else has any tips I would be more then glad to try them. Thank you in advance.

dday07
08-09-2011, 03:37 PM
[QUOTE=kutz;569352]I know the fish have been on structure lately, went shore fishing on the right side week and a half ago, Sunday, saw incredible action on the surface. But really wasn't prepared. I bet if you drop shot working the points on the far side of the breeze, working the weight like walking down stairs, along the rocks until close to the shore, for that matter working the bank backwards (climbing the stairs) with a DS rig and a 4 1/2 robo straight tail with a 1\4 oz to 3\8 oz weight about 18" below the hook, good colors are morning dawn, MM, oxblood red flake, greenie weinie, orange crush. I can't pretend to be any kind of an adept, but if you just want to catch fish and not concerned with the weight this works very well for me. I find with a sensitive rod I can feel the weight tumble from one rock to another either up or down. Unless I get impatient, I work the up and down on the worm only with the stretch on the line. I lift only if it feels weird (like I missed the bite on the slack) otherwise I let the weight follow the contour of the structure waiting for that tell tell bump bump bump, If ADD doesn't get in the way I lower my rod tip for a second looking for the line to move at all, then it's just a lift on the rod to set the hook. I catch more dinks than I prefer, but this technique has produced large numbers with or without a boat or depth finder. I found that presentation (straight worm) worm color, and knot/hook are the keys to success when DSing or TXing. If someone else has any tips I would be more then glad to try them. Thank you in advance.[/QUO
thanks for the tip!