PDA

View Full Version : KH and the Triangle Pier. 8/6/11

Ifishtoolittle
08-07-2011, 12:41 AM
So ready for another funny post? Well, it's not that funny unless you like laughing at a few guys that got stuck in the 710 for 20 min before taking a detour for another 20 min to get on the I-105. We were supposed to be at Redondo by 11am but did not get there til' 12! Why, WHY?!?!?!

Anyways, the plan today was to redeem myself and catch some macs or any kind of hard fighting fish in mass numbers. Today was actually pretty decent. Me, my uncle, and my little cousin got into a solid Opium Eye bite, a Jacksmelt, and a few sand dabs at the Triangle pier. Basically the day went like this. It was cold, windy, pier packed full of anglers all around the fishable areas, and oh yeah did I already mention that it was cold and windy?

*Note to self bring a jacket next time and do not go in shorts! :Beat Stick:

Bottom line, if you're looking for a mackerel bite I'd go south since Redondo is bloody cold and unless you know where to get fish you might as well stay home. I did not take and pics of my fish, but I'll try to post the ones my uncle took.

Instead enjoy some scenery and wildlife pics.

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu337/Ifishtoolittle/DSCF3499.jpg
This guy didn't want my jacksmelt, but it ate my fries. lol

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu337/Ifishtoolittle/DSCF3497.jpg
Why so serious?

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu337/Ifishtoolittle/DSCF3488.jpg

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu337/Ifishtoolittle/DSCF3494.jpg
Good times with family.

-IF2L

Next, off to DVL for some gills, bass, and jailbirds!

DockRat
08-07-2011, 06:11 AM
*Note to self bring a jacket next time and do not go in shorts! :Beat Stick:

Thnx 4 the Pics. Always bring a sweatshirt and windbreaker.

My nephews show up in shorts and a T shirts last year to go out on the boat.
I'm like ' Where is your jackets ? ' kids ' What are you talking about it is nice out '
We clear Angels Gate and they start catching some spray in the wind.
Then they start freezing, Teeth Chatter. LMAO
DR

DockRat
08-07-2011, 06:15 AM
Any sight of any Bonito caught ?
Did you see Larry's LC Collection ?
DR

fishshep
08-07-2011, 06:30 AM
"solid Opium Eye bite",:ROFL::ROFL:

They sellin "OPIUM" off the little pier now ? :Cool::LOL::LOL::LOL:

murrieta angler
08-07-2011, 08:09 AM
What are you gonna do?!
I was told by a reliable source, that Oceanside pier is getting spotfins, up to 5 pounds, using mussel.
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><

Ifishtoolittle
08-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Thnx 4 the Pics. Always bring a sweatshirt and windbreaker.

My nephews show up in shorts and a T shirts last year to go out on the boat.
I'm like ' Where is your jackets ? ' kids ' What are you talking about it is nice out '
We clear Angels Gate and they start catching some spray in the wind.
Then they start freezing, Teeth Chatter. LMAO
DR

I'll remember to bring a windbreaker next time. What got me to not do it was that Redondo usually has clear skies every time I go there, but that was not the case that day.

Any sight of any Bonito caught ?
Did you see Larry's LC Collection ?
DR

No Bonies, hell not even Mackerel were being caught. The only fish that I saw anyone else catch were Jacksmelt and Senorita fish on Sabiki rigs. lol no one even hooked into a Opaleye or two until me and my uncle started to pull some in.

The LCs looked pretty sweet, but too pricey for my taste especially since I only embark on a salt adventure every now and then.

"solid Opium Eye bite",:ROFL::ROFL:

They sellin "OPIUM" off the little pier now ? :Cool::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Hell why not? I had a bunch of annoying kids catching crab right next to me. It made me sad to see that several of them were cussing like 40 year olds. Just sad.

What are you gonna do?!
I was told by a reliable source, that Oceanside pier is getting spotfins, up to 5 pounds, using mussel.
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><

Thanks for the heads up Robert, but I think I might stay away from piers for a bit. Especially the ones that the DFG are holding events for kids.