PDA

View Full Version : Guasti report 8-6-11

etucker1959
08-06-2011, 09:23 PM
Well I took my own advice and hit Guasti today with my fishing partner Bruce. Some of you might recall in an earlier thread, that I reported that they had just stocked the small lake at Guasti regional park with catfish. We got there nice and early to pertake in all the fun. Boy we weren't disapointed. We couldn't unload the truck fast enough before it was raining catfish all along the shore. I expected to see some talented lurker's there but alas it was just retired people and family's with kids fishing. But here's the good part, some of the most untalented people I have ever seen fishing were all catching catfish. The two guy's who were first in line, did know what they were doing. They did catch 20 catfish between the two of them and left before 11:00. As I said earlier everyone I could see all caught fish.

As for Bruce and myself fish report it went something like this. We were both using the same rig, slipbobbers and mealworms fishing 9 feet deep. But for whatever reasons; Bruce was allways lagging in picking up the pattern. Pattern on where you were getting bites, how far do you cast from the shore etc. So our fish count is way lower then it should have been. Let's just say it this way, we did catch 45 catfish between the two of us but one member didn't quite pull his own weight. All of our catfish are always C&R. My experience in catching freshly stocked catfish is, you usually only get two days of stupid fishing before it tappers off dramatically. You could still go to Guasti and get a limit of catfish, just don't expect to catch 20. Good luck

vortec_cruiser
08-07-2011, 04:26 PM
All of our catfish are always C&R.
It sounds like you had a great time. It's too bad that more people don't think about C&R, rather than how many fish they can load into the ice chest, whether they need them or not.