PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Castaic

Rabbito
08-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Lets say I live in Ventura, could I buy live anchovies from the harbor and bring them the 1.5 hr trip to castaic and fish them live. Would they survive the trip, would they swim at all in the freshwater?

ushone
08-06-2011, 07:44 AM
you could, but i dont think its legal if i remeber correctly, i believe any live bait is supposed to be caught but i do now people buy live dads at gallion to fish their....so i got no clue, maybe a regular that nows the rules of the lake better can help ya out a lil more. As far as them staying alive id imagine they would for a lil bit at the least.

koifish
08-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Live sardine will not survive in fresh water but fresh is good for bait.

fishfinder
08-06-2011, 01:40 PM
if you could keep them alive and fish them alive before they died, i think they would rock, but i dont think it's legal.

XMrxSEAUx
08-06-2011, 10:03 PM
if you could keep them alive and fish them alive before they died, i think they would rock, but i dont think it's legal.

I'm not sure either whether its legal or illegal but it would be cool if they could survive a min or 2 just long enough for the stripers to bite lol

jimmyinsocal
08-06-2011, 10:21 PM
I'm not sure either whether its legal or illegal but it would be cool if they could survive a min or 2 just long enough for the stripers to bite lol

Dude, if you live in Ventura and take an hour and a half to get to Castaic lake
your driving well below the speed limit #1 and #2- it is illegal to do so as described on pages 5 and 6 of the code online. fyi

smokehound
08-07-2011, 02:16 AM
why not sabiki some live shad??? That way, you can get some monsters, instead of the average schoolies!

DodgersFan
08-07-2011, 03:41 AM
dude take those bad boys to castaic, nose hook em and rape the striper.....