PDA

View Full Version : SILVERWOOD.....Reports?? Anyone??

661Bass'n
08-05-2011, 08:51 AM
I have never fished Silverwood, but a couple of my co-workers want to go fish for striper's, and the drive to Pyramid and Castaic is a little bit of a drive for them. So, we agreed on Silverwood...

If anyone has any reports I would appreciate it. I haven't seen many in the past few weeks, and I hope that is not a indication of no Bendo action....

thanks,

Alex

seal
08-05-2011, 10:18 AM
I have never fished Silverwood, but a couple of my co-workers want to go fish for striper's, and the drive to Pyramid and Castaic is a little bit of a drive for them. So, we agreed on Silverwood...

If anyone has any reports I would appreciate it. I haven't seen many in the past few weeks, and I hope that is not a indication of no Bendo action....

thanks,

Alex

Early and late topwater has been very good on stripers, but I mean very early and just before dark (7:30pm - close). Everyday is different, too much wind, no topwater.

Also LMB's on the top occasionally but the Largemouth are kind of slow for me, did get a 5lbs on topwater a couple days ago, you can get the Largemouth earlier in the evening you don't have to wait till the later hours.

661Bass'n
08-05-2011, 10:21 AM
Seal thanks for the info...ya, one of the guys is a bait and wait...doesn't like lure fishing, but maybe I will get lucky and run into some boils...that will change anyone's mind....lol

AbsolutePig
08-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Seal thanks for the info...ya, one of the guys is a bait and wait...doesn't like lure fishing, but maybe I will get lucky and run into some boils...that will change anyone's mind....lol

Go to DVL........place is on fire right now!

kingfish2
08-05-2011, 10:26 AM
any idea of any good place to go if i park at the dam or just go by the rocks?

661Bass'n
08-05-2011, 10:28 AM
Go to DVL........place is on fire right now!

I am coming from Lancaster, plus I roll in a 1980 Ranger 375V....with a 2 stroke 175 Black Max...can't get on DVL...lol

AbsolutePig
08-05-2011, 10:55 AM
I am coming from Lancaster, plus I roll in a 1980 Ranger 375V....with a 2 stroke 175 Black Max...can't get on DVL...lol

ooooooooooooooooooooo.....I see......good luck at Silverwood. Make sure you post a report.

Bassmaster Bob
08-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Last time I was at Silverwood was from shore and the moss was so bad I gave up. That was a good 3 months back from i think it was called Cleghorn cove.

fish-o-haulic
08-05-2011, 10:28 PM
I say do what seal says, hes an expert at silverwood. he catches when times are tough there.