PDA

View Full Version : Scored at Fairmont but not a fish!

old pudd fisher
08-04-2011, 07:39 PM
Was super bored today hanging around the house today so I took of in the hot afternoon sun and fished Fairmont for about an hour, damn it was hot with no action at all. So I got back to my jeep and found a twenty dollar bill that the wind had pinned against my front tire. Well I felt like I didn't get skunked :EyePop:

Bassmaster Bob
08-04-2011, 09:37 PM
Imagine me I did the same thing but lost a twenty.

tagg27
08-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Score! What fly were you using?

TheAsianGuy
08-04-2011, 10:17 PM
More like did his fly open?! Just joking! :LOL: Nice to have a $20 to get some cold ones for the weekends.

reservoir dog
08-05-2011, 12:20 AM
Was super bored today hanging around the house today so I took of in the hot afternoon sun and fished Fairmont for about an hour, damn it was hot with no action at all. So I got back to my jeep and found a twenty dollar bill that the wind had pinned against my front tire. Well I felt like I didn't get skunked :EyePop:

If you're a true angler you would catch and release that Andrew Jackson...LOL!!! Now you're a
'lucky" pudd fisher.

old pudd fisher
08-05-2011, 01:08 AM
Thank you 'dog' I should have let it fly in the wind so the homeless could find it.

Surfer
08-05-2011, 04:32 AM
You can get a lapdance for that $20 depending on where you go.

WARRIORMIKE
08-05-2011, 09:13 PM
You can get a lapdance for that $20 depending on where you go.

Wouldn't had to go very far. Thats about the going rate at Fairmount Park. Big Game Hunter will usually put on a good show for that kind of cash!

Danny300
08-05-2011, 09:35 PM

I hope you didn't end up spending it in the rose garden LOL

smokinflies
08-06-2011, 05:01 PM
i hope you didn't end up spending it in the rose garden lol

rotf!!!

Sublime-Steve
08-10-2011, 02:14 PM
A 20 @ fairmount... damn that's as rare as the bass there

old pudd fisher
08-10-2011, 09:24 PM
Did Ya get ur truck fixed yet Steve?

JimmisLine
08-11-2011, 02:43 AM
Hey, the trip was productive anyway.

tree
08-11-2011, 06:23 AM
Did Ya get ur truck fixed yet Steve?

He got some sexy as hell new tires

ordane
08-18-2011, 03:39 PM
My girl pulled this out on Monday(8/15/11).. I didnt know they got this big in there!!

...We actually fish down there all the time but never much luck. So, this is me getting ready to throw it back. I wanted to catch it too but that guy was long gone by the time I got my pole back in!

TheAsianGuy
08-18-2011, 03:43 PM
NICE! Right off the pier too. That's a rarity to catch any off that pier.

ordane
08-18-2011, 04:28 PM
NICE! Right off the pier too. That's a rarity to catch any off that pier.
Where is a good spot at Fairmount? I typically stick to that side with the cove since parking is right there. The green piers are always over crowded with hardly any biting going on!

TheAsianGuy
08-18-2011, 04:30 PM
Where is a good spot at Fairmount? I typically stick to that side with the cove since parking is right there. The green piers are always over crowded with hardly any biting going on!

Question is, what are you looking for? They scatter themselves all over. Carps tend to be very popular near the large metal tank and the outfall at the far west end. Basses tend to pool in the Brown Lake next to the golf course, and so do the cats. I have yet to hit a panfish in that crazy lake. Carp and cats..plenty.

ordane
08-18-2011, 05:12 PM
Wow.. So far off of that peir all I have caught was a few Bluegills. I went down to troll under the lilypads by the golf course last night but no luck. Probably should've thrown some cat bait down there.
...Thanks AG!

fishmounter
08-18-2011, 07:06 PM
TheAsianGuy said... "Basses tend to pool in the Brown Lake", I've never caught a bass of any size in Brown Lake, but I don't hardly ever fish there. I have seen others catch a few good bass there, but for me, the best overall fishing lake is the big lake- Lake Evans. You just have to keep trying, and fish with someone that knows the lake and has caught some fish.

old pudd fisher
08-18-2011, 08:46 PM
TheAsianGuy said... "Basses tend to pool in the Brown Lake", I've never caught a bass of any size in Brown Lake, but I don't hardly ever fish there. I have seen others catch a few good bass there, but for me, the best overall fishing lake is the big lake- Lake Evans. You just have to keep trying, and fish with someone that knows the lake and has caught some fish.

Good advice Jeff and let me know when you want to fish it again with me. The chance of catching a fish is far better then finding 20 bucks.

TheAsianGuy
08-18-2011, 08:50 PM
Jeff..really? You didn't see or catch them? My boy nearly dropped his pole as he jumped up screaming after seeing one of the 2-pounders jumped out of the water grabbing a dragonfly mid air. When it landed, a few of them swirled around the lily pads within the ripple that the other bugs on the lily pads got soaked. We tossed all four lines in (two fly lures, one worm, and one cricket), and got a dinky little guy which didn't get any meal because the larger already napped the big bugs. You should hunt that little hole some more. Never know what you get. I'm still hunting for that huge elusive carp that we saw early in the morning. I can truly say that it was at least 15lbs.

ordane
08-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Wow... I guess Fairmount really is infamous. I only started fishing it this summer!

fishmounter
08-19-2011, 02:51 PM
ordane- I sent you a pm.