PDA

View Full Version : Whittier Ca

LuckyBasser
08-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Ok guys i hate to bug but I have to ask for some advice since the people around me don't know anything about fishing! Well I'm staying in whittier in Los Angeles ca for a while since I'm a sub-contractor and my job has brought me here. I've been Googleing and mapping stuff for 3 days now and can't find anything around but Legg Lake, anew the only info I've gotten so far from a guy I work with was not to fish Legg lake, but he gave me no reason, Help me please!

mjc89
08-04-2011, 07:48 PM
wut species are u tryin to go after?

evosamurai
08-04-2011, 07:51 PM
mjc catfish 17 has many fish on u, better get crackin!!

mjc89
08-04-2011, 07:55 PM
y u say that?

fish-o-haulic
08-04-2011, 08:16 PM
He probably knows you hate that foo, or i dont know. i dont hate really hate either one of you.

mjc89
08-04-2011, 08:31 PM
ha. that foo has nuthin on me

evosamurai
08-04-2011, 10:52 PM
lol im just starting **** no harm though, u guys were at it for awhile few months back, we havent heard from u in a little while, hows the fishing??

mjc89
08-04-2011, 11:13 PM
lol. i havent been fishin latley. my last outing wuz at quail lake. thinkin of goin this weekend again but might go to the vine instead 2morow not sure yet

LuckyBasser
08-04-2011, 11:15 PM
wut species are u tryin to go after? Bass as usual, but i will go for whatever is in the water as long as I'm fairly certain that its in there ;-) I might just meet a buddy of mine and have teach me this surf fish thing too, he lives near long beach and offered to meet me for some leopard shark fishing, I just don't know if I can hold out til Sunday! And as far as the amount of fish I've got this season my board says; 64 bass, 1 stripers (sadly), 13 rainbows, 5 browns, 7 halibut, 28 catfish so 118 total this season. And if it wasn't for work I would like to think I would be killing my sweet spots daily!

catfish 17
08-04-2011, 11:22 PM
lol im just starting **** no harm though, u guys were at it for awhile few months back, we havent heard from u in a little while, hows the fishing??

lol wow, drama queens up in here or what? also, is there a fishing tournament going on between me and him? I didn't know that.

mjc89
08-04-2011, 11:22 PM
Bass as usual, but i will go for whatever is in the water as long as I'm fairly certain that its in there ;-) I might just meet a buddy of mine and have teach me this surf fish thing too, he lives near long beach and offered to meet me for some leopard shark fishing, I just don't know if I can hold out til Sunday! And as far as the amount of fish I've got this season my board says; 64 bass, 1 stripers (sadly), 13 rainbows, 5 browns, 7 halibut, 28 catfish so 118 total this season. And if it wasn't for work I would like to think I would be killing my sweet spots daily!

well if u want to target bass theres alot of city park lakes around. sum are fairly close to whittier. theres laguna lake, ralph b clark park, la mirada lake, and tricity. im pretty sure they all have bass. some of these parks are free to fish

Hooked Up
08-05-2011, 12:11 AM
Peck Road Park Lake, Santa Fe Dam or Puddingstone Res.

fish-o-haulic
08-05-2011, 01:51 PM
lol wow, drama queens up in here or what? also, is there a fishing tournament going on between me and him? I didn't know that.

you didnt know, theres even a cash prize. lol

Sh1mano
08-05-2011, 03:25 PM
There's nothing wrong or scary about fishing Legg. Go for it...there's monster bass in there.

LuckyBasser
08-05-2011, 04:50 PM
well if u want to target bass theres alot of city park lakes around. sum are fairly close to whittier. theres laguna lake, ralph b clark park, la mirada lake, and tricity. im pretty sure they all have bass. some of these parks are free to fish
Hey man Thx a lot I really appreciate it.

mjc89
08-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Hey man Thx a lot I really appreciate it.

ya no prob. good luck where ever you end up goin

bulletoothulk
08-08-2011, 03:02 PM
I live in south whittier and fish at laguna lake, la mirada regional ( ok for cat) and Ralph b , all lakes are very pressured so now I just surf fish