PDA

View Full Version : Good day 8/3

JV
08-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Good day, but a scorcher. We had 16# by 9am and ended the day with about 21. Rich had the big fish at 4-14.

tacklejunkie
08-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Nice going out there. It was HOT!
Feels good to sweat it out sometimes though if you have enough water on hand.

Surfnsnowboard3
08-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Good day, but a scorcher. We had 16# by 9am and ended the day with about 21. Rich had the big fish at 4-14.

Nice catch! Any chance you can include some info on your "report?" how many and what size is a little vague. What did you catch them on, where, etc?

AbsolutePig
08-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Nice catch! Any chance you can include some info on your "report?" how many and what size is a little vague. What did you catch them on, where, etc?

I love the reports....."Caught 750 fish today.....biggest was 74 pounds, really hot. Thanks for reading."

ushone
08-04-2011, 07:59 PM
u sound doubtful, 20-30 fish a day at dvl isnt that hard with 2-3 people on a boat....more than likely 90% are 1.5lb or less off the dropshot......and his 4 1/2 is hardly sounds bs...maybe if his report was 20 dd fish then id have to say it was fishy

Surfnsnowboard3
08-04-2011, 08:23 PM
u sound doubtful, 20-30 fish a day at dvl isnt that hard with 2-3 people on a boat....more than likely 90% are 1.5lb or less off the dropshot......and his 4 1/2 is hardly sounds bs...maybe if his report was 20 dd fish then id have to say it was fishy

I don't think he was being doubful as much as being sarcastic. The purpose of what he and I are saying is that ANYBODY can post on here how many and how big but what's the point of that? Recognition? A High five?

It would be a lot more helpful to fellow anglers that the report, which is the purpose of the report page, including additional info that we we can all have a heads up on what's hot and have fun.

fish-o-haulic
08-04-2011, 08:28 PM
heard that, i know people arent obligated to post or anything. i havent posted my last three trips. But the slightest bit of detail would be nice. especially with so many troll threads that pop up now. but i do know some people dont give details as to give away secret spots, but here i dont think is the case. but i dont know didnt fish with him so Ill just take his word for it.

tacklejunkie
08-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Nobody has to say anything. You're lucky he gave you pics, a date, a temp and a location. That's all you need.
I was out there same day on my Kayak. Caught about 8 fish to 3lbs.
I can confirm they were biting well and it was hot.

They bit anything I threw at them if they were green and had fins and a bucket shaped mouth..
That's all there is to it!

AbsolutePig
08-04-2011, 11:51 PM
I don't think he was being doubful as much as being sarcastic. The purpose of what he and I are saying is that ANYBODY can post on here how many and how big but what's the point of that? Recognition? A High five?

It would be a lot more helpful to fellow anglers that the report, which is the purpose of the report page, including additional info that we we can all have a heads up on what's hot and have fun.

A lot of these guys are all paranoid that if they say "I caught 20 in 30-40 feet of water on a carolina rigged oxblood/morning dawn robos to the left of Rawsons cove" they won't catch them on the same set-up next time out. LOL.....that's why I chuckle when I read it. I don't doubt your report at all........I think you missed my sarcasim. And yes, TJ, you're right.........no one is obligated to post details of their trip. So why even post at all then?? Doesn't make sense if you ask me. The point of this website is to help a fellow angler........at least that's what I do. Half these people lie in their posts anyways.....just get out there and fish yourself, that's my motto. I just like to see the reports on striper. That is my new species I'm trying to learn. It's easy to catch them when they are jumping in the boat......it's another thing to find them. I've gone round and round about this same topic for years on this site and it's a losing battle. Some make great posts and others don't. Oh well.

River Monster
08-05-2011, 12:38 AM
A lot of these guys are all paranoid that if they say "I caught 20 in 30-40 feet of water on a carolina rigged oxblood/morning dawn robos to the left of Rawsons cove" they won't catch them on the same set-up next time out. LOL.....that's why I chuckle when I read it. I don't doubt your report at all........I think you missed my sarcasim. And yes, TJ, you're right.........no one is obligated to post details of their trip. So why even post at all then?? Doesn't make sense if you ask me. The point of this website is to help a fellow angler........at least that's what I do. Half these people lie in their posts anyways.....just get out there and fish yourself, that's my motto. I just like to see the reports on striper. That is my new species I'm trying to learn. It's easy to catch them when they are jumping in the boat......it's another thing to find them. I've gone round and round about this same topic for years on this site and it's a losing battle. Some make great posts and others don't. Oh well.

Speaking of stripers... I was out at DVL Wednesday the whole day on the boats. Saw some stripers boiling. Was throwing nightcrawlers in hopes of LMB or Bluegill. They wouldn't take it. Did manage to catch a decent sized crappie to 1.5 pounds and a bluegill to 1 pound whole day in Rawson's Cove in about 20 feet of water. Saw some stripers in about 15-20 feet of water a few coves down west of Rawson's cove but they wouldn't take anything I threw at them. I tried cut Sardine, Storm Wildeye Anchovy, nightcrawlers, dropshotted roboworm in MM, nothing. I guess they were just done feeding by the time I got there. This was only my 2nd time at DVL... still trying to learn the lake and absorbing all the info you guys post up here. A big thanks to those who offer some helpful details in their reports.

tacklejunkie
08-05-2011, 06:49 AM
So why even post at all then??
I could ask you the same question then.
Specially if you are here for reports of Striper, why ruin this guys bass report that doesn't interest you. C'mon dude.

I, for one, found it very useful.

50 fish days and 30lb fish aren't uncommon here. If you can't make it happen then you aren't fishing there enough or aren't fishing there correctly. I would believe pretty much anything I heard from a DVL report now days after fishing there for a bit.

Surfnsnowboard3
08-05-2011, 06:58 AM
I could ask you the same question then.
Specially if you are here for reports of Striper, why ruin this guys bass report that doesn't interest you. C'mon dude.

I, for one, found it very useful.

50 fish days and 30lb fish aren't uncommon here. If you can't make it happen then you aren't fishing there enough or aren't fishing there correctly. I would believe pretty much anything I heard from a DVL report now days after fishing there for a bit.

Your logic in your argument is faulty TJ. That said, how can you seriously say his report was useful? He told you how many fish he caught and it was hot. How does that help you at all?

tacklejunkie
08-05-2011, 06:59 AM
My logic is faulty? lofl.
nuff said.

Surfnsnowboard3
08-05-2011, 07:03 AM
My logic is faulty? lofl.
nuff said.

Yes to answer your question. Now will you answer mine?

ushone
08-05-2011, 07:17 AM
id say it wasnt...but w/e, sry that i have seemed to have started his argument with my first post :o.....any tips on mr stripy? and i still dont even now were rawsons cove is :(
edit* or maybe not my first lol (thought it was)

tacklejunkie
08-05-2011, 07:20 AM
Because it roughly compares to the day I had and satisfies me.

Like I said, they bit whatever it was I threw out.

They were shallow and deep.

It was hot.

I have a kayak with no finder and was going for striper half the day but still had the time to fish up a good amount of fair sized bass with a bit of logic that compared to this report.

It's helpful because he gave a date, a time, a location and pictures of the fish. He didn't say 6lbers were on the fritz, he didn't have to say what bait or what location or any of that for me to find useful information in such a post. For one, I can see the bass will bite on a early hot sunny no clouds day from his pictures and post. That's something learned.

I believe you guys are being cranky for no reason. This report is helpful to those who can understand how to glean the information. Use a bit of logic.

ushone
08-05-2011, 07:27 AM
didnt even think to look at the picture like that....thank u tj for a some what of a eye opener lol

DarkShadow
08-05-2011, 08:45 AM
...he didn't have to say what bait or what location or any of that for me to find useful information in such a post.

http://www.onmarkproductions.com/assets/images/zenen-shaka-nyorai-1225-wood-h29cm-shrine-183-5-TN-H400-exhibit-todaiji-treasures.jpg

Buddha say, "Chase other people's fish is to chase your own tail."

:Wink:

JV
08-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Your logic in your argument is faulty TJ. That said, how can you seriously say his report was useful? He told you how many fish he caught and it was hot. How does that help you at all?

Many of you guys are worse than a bunch of old women. You ***** about everything. That's why I very seldom post anything here. Just so you can quit crying - we didn't keep track of the # of fish we caught, but it was well over 30. All on a drop shot, MM or Oxblood - 25-45 feet - 6# floro - dinks were shallow - fished all over the lake - catch 2 or 3 in one spot & that would be it, you had to move - if you didn't get bit in 15-20 min then move - mostly a pressure bite, they were just there. If you need more info than that, pay all my expenses & I'll lead you by the nose.

BTW - while we were wiping down the boat, a guy from a rental boat came over to ask how we did because he saw us on the lake - they didn't do too well. Explained to him exactly what we did, how to set up his tackle, what to use, where & how to fish it. Referred him to Last Chance in Hemet to help him get the right equipment.

Hope that helps you out surf. Last report.

DarkShadow
08-05-2011, 10:23 AM
.... If you need more info than that, pay all my expenses & I'll lead you by the nose.

I also need to know the exact line manufacturer you were using, the diameter of said line (in metric units please), the moon phase, and what stars were aligned to Venus as well.

Don't let peeps stop you from posting.

In fact, make it a game next time and say you caught everything on Pink Powerbait and 30 pound test, all underneath the floating restrooms, on a 5/0 Mutu Circle Hook, (ringed of course), and 42.2 inches of 50# flourocarbon leader, with your rig consisting of line wrapped around a vintage Miller Lite can and a Bosch spark plug for a weight. Make sure you emphasize that you used a Bosch spark plug and not the expensive Splitfires and you can even let people know the brand of sunscreen you used.

More importantly, include the SPF as well.

Surfnsnowboard3
08-05-2011, 10:27 AM
I also need to know the exact line manufacturer you were using, the diameter of said line (in metric units please), the moon phase, and what stars were aligned to Venus as well.

Don't let peeps stop you from posting.

In fact, make it a game next time and say you caught everything on Pink Powerbait and 30 pound test, all underneath the floating restrooms, on a 5/0 Mutu Circle Hook, (ringed of course), and 42.2 inches of 50# flourocarbon leader, with your rig consisting of line wrapped around a vintage Miller Lite can and a Bosch spark plug for a weight. Make sure you emphasize that you used a Bosch spark plug and not the expensive Splitfires and you can even let people know the brand of sunscreen you used.

More importantly, include the SPF as well.

Geeez, talk about extremes on here. I kindly asked for a little more info. You guys are ruthless.

Surfnsnowboard3
08-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Many of you guys are worse than a bunch of old women. You ***** about everything. That's why I very seldom post anything here. Just so you can quit crying - we didn't keep track of the # of fish we caught, but it was well over 30. All on a drop shot, MM or Oxblood - 25-45 feet - 6# floro - dinks were shallow - fished all over the lake - catch 2 or 3 in one spot & that would be it, you had to move - if you didn't get bit in 15-20 min then move - mostly a pressure bite, they were just there. If you need more info than that, pay all my expenses & I'll lead you by the nose.

BTW - while we were wiping down the boat, a guy from a rental boat came over to ask how we did because he saw us on the lake - they didn't do too well. Explained to him exactly what we did, how to set up his tackle, what to use, where & how to fish it. Referred him to Last Chance in Hemet to help him get the right equipment.

Hope that helps you out surf. Last report.

All sarcasm from your post aside, I thank you for that info. That's the kind of report I put out and I think other people appreciate as well.

Rick Grover
08-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Well I was there the same day and it was very hot. Suprised to see how many cars there were in line in the morning as the "word" was the fish busted pretty good Sunday/Monday. Fished the first hour and a half looking for them with no bait or chasing fish in sight. Parked the topwater stuff in the locker and got out the usual DVL weapons, T/Rig, C-rig and Jig and went looking on the outside in 30-50'. Ended up with 20lbs for 5 with a big fish of 5 and a half. Also caught 2- nine to ten lb Jailbirds on the jig in 45ft. Gave those away to a couple older jents in a Lowe alum boat who were pretty excited about the dinner upcoming. Lake was glass calm, 104 degrees with pretty good humidity. All fish caught on outside points, main lake. Upton worm, brushog on C-rig and Proline jig. Rick Grover

JigStop
08-05-2011, 12:50 PM
Most of the reports I have been reading are spot on. We started out hunting big striper and didn't have any luck. Switched to the drop shot and caught about 30 LMB to 5lb. Most of the better grade were caught deep about 30-40ft and the dinks were in the submerged brush close to shore.

ushone
08-05-2011, 01:49 PM
lol anyone ever actually caught anything off the bathroom area? i usually throw a few hail mary casts when im their waiting while whoever im with hits the bathroom...needless to say its been a skunk spot for me, im sure theirs nothin out their...figured id ask tho lol

fish-o-haulic
08-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Hey im not satisified here i need to know what thes size of the fish were, what rod, what line you were using how many times you used it, exact temp of that day. your blood type, and your social security number. and thats just for starters. next i want bank statements phone records, how much you paid for your house, and the size hook you were using.

Surfnsnowboard3
08-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Hey im not satisified here i need to know what thes size of the fish were, what rod, what line you were using how many times you used it, exact temp of that day. your blood type, and your social security number. and thats just for starters. next i want bank statements phone records, how much you paid for your house, and the size hook you were using.

Wow you are hilarious. I love guys who use the same jokes and sarcasm that has already been used. Get a life.

DarkShadow
08-05-2011, 02:17 PM
lol anyone ever actually caught anything off the bathroom area? i usually throw a few hail mary casts when im their waiting while whoever im with hits the bathroom..

A great technique is to drop brown Senkos with yellow corn specs.

But make sure to flush afterwards.

And make sure you report how big a splash it made on the way down, including any scents that it may have emitted, and a picture of you on the john will also make it a true report.

If you want, you can get the water temperature of the toilet water, including the clarity as well.

fish-o-haulic
08-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Wow you are hilarious. I love guys who use the same jokes and sarcasm that has already been used. Get a life.

get a life says the guy whos asking for more info, really why dont you get out and fish instead of harrass people for info. Its called a joke. but ill leave as to not be the reason to make a bad post turn worse

fish-o-haulic
08-05-2011, 02:27 PM
really though some people on this site are hillarious, cant even make a simple joke without someone trying to give you problems over it.LOL

Surfnsnowboard3
08-05-2011, 02:28 PM
get a life says the guy whos asking for more info, really why dont you get out and fish instead of harrass people for info. Its called a joke. but ill leave as to not be the reason to make a bad post turn worse

Yes did kindly and respectfully ask for more info other than "it was hot and u caught fish." heaven forbid right! You already made the post worse with your idiotic sarcasm that you stole from somebody else.

My lord this is getting out of hand. Bash me all you want, I did nothing wrong. Your sarcasm and senseless copied humor does nothing to remedy the situation or make a "bad post" better.

fish-o-haulic
08-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Yes did kindly and respectfully ask for more info other than "it was hot and u caught fish." heaven forbid right! You already made the post worse with your idiotic sarcasm that you stole from somebody else.

My lord this is getting out of hand. Bash me all you want, I did nothing wrong. Your sarcasm and senseless copied humor does nothing to remedy the situation or make a "bad post" better.

I didnt even bash you, i left a joke and you come out of nowhere with your comment. darkshadow left a joke so now i cant. besides noone but you had a problem with it. unless the whole forum jumps on me there apparently was nothing wrong with what i said. i didnt jump on you about what you said. your entitled to your opinions and comments just as i entitled to mine. unless the webmaster comes here himself and pulls my post off this thread theres nothing wrong with what i said. its an internet forum poeple say whatever they want to say. just cuz you dont want me to say it doenst me its wrong, its just your opinioin. Now i refuse to continue with this argument (because in my opinion of course), this is stupid. im moving on. I apologize if i offended you.

ushone
08-05-2011, 02:45 PM
hey hey it was legit question, figured it was way to deep out their........just wondering my time would be better spent retieing my rigs rather than hopin to pick one off while my friends are handling buisiness....dont worry tho if i see u out their ill make sure to throw one of those brown senkos towards ur boat

Surfnsnowboard3
08-05-2011, 02:52 PM
I didnt even bash you, i left a joke and you come out of nowhere with your comment. darkshadow left a joke so now i cant. besides noone but you had a problem with it. unless the whole forum jumps on me there apparently was nothing wrong with what i said. i didnt jump on you about what you said. your entitled to your opinions and comments just as i entitled to mine. unless the webmaster comes here himself and pulls my post off this thread theres nothing wrong with what i said. its an internet forum poeple say whatever they want to say. just cuz you dont want me to say it doenst me its wrong, its just your opinioin. Now i refuse to continue with this argument (because in my opinion of course), this is stupid. im moving on. I apologize if i offended you.

Your apology is accepted. I too will move on.

DarkShadow
08-05-2011, 03:03 PM
...dont worry tho if i see u out their ill make sure to throw one of those brown senkos towards ur boat

Make sure you Texas rig it.

Wacky riggin' it will just make a mess.

bxbomber
08-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Poo is delicious.

ushone
08-05-2011, 03:16 PM
edit*** never mind

bxbomber
08-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Who cares how its rigged.
The main thing is getting that tasty brown on the boat.
Poo tacos for days.

DarkShadow
08-05-2011, 03:32 PM
Who cares how its rigged.
The main thing is getting that tasty brown on the boat.
Poo tacos for days.

http://www.luresandstuff.com/i//2853crappie.JPG

Heard the "crapp-y" like this lure.

bxbomber
08-05-2011, 03:38 PM
http://www.luresandstuff.com/i//2853crappie.JPG

Heard the "crapp-y" like this lure.
Totally. Its like pinning on a trout for striper.

ushone
08-05-2011, 03:46 PM
lmao thats classic
edit** how is the crappie fishing at dvl, anyone care to explain some tactics?

tacklejunkie
08-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Are we going there?
Mine walks the dog =P
http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac106/reptilemantis/photo.jpg

bxbomber
08-05-2011, 04:14 PM
Are we going there?
Mine walks the dog =P
http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac106/reptilemantis/photo.jpg
Thats some sweet top water action right there.

ushone
08-05-2011, 04:25 PM
rofl, really? that sum funny ish right their lol