PDA

View Full Version : Elizabeth lake

BlkManFishin
08-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Took a trip to my good ole faithful Elizabeth Lake. The crappies are hitting good and getting bigger.

fishfinder
08-03-2011, 05:36 PM
either thats a bad picture or those are bluegil.

BlkManFishin
08-04-2011, 03:18 PM
naw they are crappies I got 15 more today

fishfinder
08-04-2011, 03:51 PM
how deep are they at right now. i havent been there for a month now.

reservoir dog
08-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Nice catch! What are you using for bait BlkManFishin?

JimmyFSU
08-19-2011, 12:03 AM
im heading up there tomorrow with my girls, were gunna take the boat out. im glad too see there biting again. seams like that lake is coming back to life.

fishmounter
08-19-2011, 10:05 AM
Nice catch. In the first photo the crappie are all dead with blank staring gold eyes and pale dead fish coloring. (It is kind of hard to tell what kind of fish they are.) In the 2nd shot they all are alive..bright coloring and markings and turned-down eyes that have some color to them.
I remember a few years ago I ask an Inland Fisheries Biologist with the CDFG which Southern California lake had the best fishing for big Bluegill and he told me Lake Elizabeth was full of big 'Gills..... I guess not any more..?

JeffO
08-19-2011, 10:22 AM
Boats are allowed at Elizabeth?? I thought it was shore fishing only, which is why I've never headed up there...

blackberg
08-19-2011, 11:55 AM
Boats are allowed at Elizabeth?? I thought it was shore fishing only, which is why I've never headed up there...

there is a horsepower limit on running motors, so you can have a big motor on your boat but not run it and use a trolling motor only to move around.

I dont recall what the limit is
-bb

JeffO
08-19-2011, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the info! I found a couple articles online that say the HP limit is 10... Is the bass fishing there any good or is it mostly crappie, cats, trout?

JimmyFSU
08-23-2011, 08:53 AM
i dont think there are many bass. im gunna try on friday and see what happens.

JeffO
08-23-2011, 09:43 AM
awesome lemme know what you find! always nice to add another potential lake to the ever-so-short list.

BlkManFishin
09-03-2011, 02:51 PM
I have never seen any bass cone out of that lake I seems to be full of crappies and Bullheads and a few trout from the stocking. I use a white 1/32 jig with a chartruse (Spellcheck) crappie nibble. Kills in the daytime but I was ther the other evening and stoped getting bites as soon as the sun went down. Any color recomendations for fishing crappies at night.

fish-o-haulic
09-03-2011, 02:56 PM
those are some nice crappi BMF Planned to hit elizabeth a while ago but never went, thats been happening lately.

fishmounter
09-03-2011, 03:41 PM
You know... Elizabeth Lake supposedly has a "portal to Hell" at it's bottom where a huge flying demon-bird periodically late at night it swims up and flies around. Was seen by witnesses back in the late 1800s up to the 1950s.... So if you are fishing at night for catfish in deep water and hook into something big, you probably should cut your line....

blackberg
09-03-2011, 03:57 PM
You know... Elizabeth Lake supposedly has a "portal to Hell" at it's bottom where a huge flying demon-bird periodically late at night it swims up and flies around. Was seen by witnesses back in the late 1800s up to the 1950s.... So if you are fishing at night for catfish in deep water and hook into something big, you probably should cut your line....

good to know,:EyePop:

-bb

fish-o-haulic
09-03-2011, 04:04 PM

Ya i heard that too but i heard it hadnt been seen or heard from since the late 1800s

tpfishnfool
09-04-2011, 10:29 AM
Thats The FIRE WATER Talking man !! Haha.. That lake used to have nice bass up to 6-7 lbs. Im going back 10-15 years ago though. Last 10 years or so it hase gone down hill. Its a ''Slag pond'' so it has no inlet or outlet and relies on under grownd springs, that are leaching septic tank spew from the homes in the area and rain water. Water clarity has been poor at best the last 5 years and getting worse. Time will tell but it doesnt look good even for the crappie and bullheads. Not sure what can be done ???

BlkManFishin
09-08-2011, 03:09 PM
They talked about that lake monster on this show ancient aliens.. They said it might have been a spaceship

M@M
09-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Looks like you've had a couple days of great fishing...WTG!! ....... Hard to tell from the pics....what would you say is the average size of those TASTY crappie?? ......How do you prepare them?....I like to filet and then beer batter? ...... ....Thanks for the report and pics.:Thumbs Up: