PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Guide for Diamond Valley - Don Spencer!

Rene Cardona
08-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Just wanted to take a few minutes to thank Don Spencer for an incredible day of fishing at Diamond Valley Lake and to recommend him to anyone interested in an amazing fishing guide experience! I am about 8 months into fishing and knew that I needed help with technique, presentation and lure selection (just to name a few). I had previously fished Diamond Valley on three occasions (full days) and had only caught 2 small bass. So as I asked around for guides at Diamond Valley, the name that was shared by all was - Don Spencer and now I know why! The total catch on Monday, July 25, 2011 was 18 large mouth bass, 2 strippers and a large bluegill (I asked Don to show me some bluegill spots and I got to throw out a worm for one).
Don treated me with the utmost respect and never made me feel like I was asking a dumb question (I bet I asked my share). He was kind and patient with me. The fishing experience completely surpassed my expectation! I unequivocally recommend Don and can’t wait to fish with him and my buddies in the near future.

Give him a call or find more info on his website www.Donfishon.com. So worth it!

Thank you for a one-of-a-kind experience Don!
Rene Cardona

striperkingclassic1
08-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Rene your sentiments are shared by me as well. My friend and I were fishing one afternoon without too much luck. We called Donny to see how he was doing. He asked us how our fishing was and we said not too good. Donny invited us to come over to his boat and netted us some nice shad for bait. I thought that was a tremendous jesture by a guide. He has been a fantastic gentleman on and off the water!

We selected Donny Spencer to be one of our "Live" Auction Guides for the Striper King Classic. He'll be donating a 1/2 day guide service to raise money for charity! That really shows his character.

Matt_Magnone
08-04-2011, 12:02 AM
i cant say enough about the guy myself. way cool dude who is just down to kick butt on the water. i dont really see him as much as i did this past year, but whenever we talked we would get tuned into the "bite" and sit there and break every little aspect of the lake down. in a guide, i think this is very important. someone who understands the who, what, when, where, why and hows of fishing.

i would definitely recommend him to anybody wanting to increase their angling knowledge.

Surfnsnowboard3
08-04-2011, 08:17 PM
i cant say enough about the guy myself. way cool dude who is just down to kick butt on the water. i dont really see him as much as i did this past year, but whenever we talked we would get tuned into the "bite" and sit there and break every little aspect of the lake down. in a guide, i think this is very important. someone who understands the who, what, when, where, why and hows of fishing.

i would definitely recommend him to anybody wanting to increase their angling knowledge.

Hey matt can you clear some PM space so I can send you a message plz? Unless you don't want messages anymore so that's why it's full....

TheAsianGuy
08-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Nice catch! Great to know about the guide. He's on my contact list for guide at DVL now.

Matt_Magnone
08-05-2011, 12:47 AM
Hey matt can you clear some PM space so I can send you a message plz? Unless you don't want messages anymore so that's why it's full....

just did. didnt know i hit the limit. shoot over a message.

HuskerRod
08-05-2011, 01:47 PM
I didnt know Donny was a DVL guide.....now I do. Good job out there fellas