PDA

View Full Version : SGR Near the 605/60 interchange Walnut Creek In-flow

castlekid
08-03-2011, 12:37 PM
Has anyone fished this. I have seen it since I was a kid. Rode my bike by a bunch of times. There is always water in it. The reclamation plant is next door. Any advice appreciated. You can see it from fwy.

Hooked Up
08-03-2011, 01:04 PM
I do not think there are fish in there. Even if there was? I would not fish there (water smells). The L. A. county water sanitation dept. releases "treated" water directly into the river 1/2 mile away. Your call?

castlekid
08-03-2011, 01:28 PM
The water has to be fairly clean. Took a class on a field trip there last year. They showed us the the testing they do and treatment they do on it and it would be just as clean or cleaner than Legg Lake water just up the street. and just so you know if you live in along the river from Montebello to Lakewood they pump some of it into to the spreading grounds to percolate into the underground aquifers. But your right it does have that dank smell.

Dr. MindBendo
08-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Predominately just carp in there. I've seen a few tiny gills before. That's about it. Creepy place to fish with lot's of bums that inhabit the area.

castlekid
08-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Creepy place to fish with lot's of bums that inhabit the area.
I've seen the bums while riding. Thanx for the info. Ya never know till ya ask. I know if I caught anything I would not consider eating but thought it might be a promising place to stop and drown some bait while out for a ride.