PDA

View Full Version : Multi-speices day but mr stripey did have to pay

TroutOnly
08-03-2011, 06:57 AM
i finally got a day off to go somewhere,it took a little deciding ,then i choose the dvl ,i had not been there in a while and wanted to do a real recon mission and know whats really up.lately like many of the other lakes in the region the reports always to be fully trusted,they always seem to get blown up bigger than they really are. anyway hit the water ran into stephen who works the dock he told me what hes learned lately,so it let me know what to look for besides my other normal scanning of the graph. i didnt get very far from the dock and got my first couple hits no hookups but that made me feel good cause the moon sign for the feeding wasnt right at all,last week was the time.but i pressed on,went over the first major point and it was hook up only it was a superdink so it was get him off the hook and back into the water.went a little farther and out in the open water i got slammed ,nice schoolie so it was into the deadwell,other wise known as phoungs playhouse, i kept on rolling,i noticed there were schools at the mid 30 ft down range all over the place but other fish right on the surface chasing shad schools broke off there spots on the structure.i got six stripey 3 nice schoolie and three superdinks. in the mix i caught four bass on the troll ,one big one and three, small .during a run over the east dam i found a old bouyline with a seat cusion attached, i had some bait in case of a slow bit only thing was i didnt have any super light tackle for the bluegills or crappie. so it was use the striper gear 12 lb line and big hooks,,,lol,, i threaded crawler bits on the hook and flylined them down , i sat and played withe the little bluegills popping them off the hook and reloading ,i should have taken a pic for trollmiester , he loves those kind of fish,after i got bored i took off and continued the recon, the stripers were out in schools but not very hungry, i tried every kind of trolling known and the were just not interested.after a while i needed a brake to start putting things away and i stopped at teamtrolltoons cat spot,as i was clearing gear one of my rods went bendo ,after a fight it hit the net for a little rest in the livewell a couple pics then back in the water.the surface temp went up to 82 at the end of the day, most of the anglers were off the water by 11 in the morning ,i had my top on the boat so i got a brake from the sun as i trolled around the lake, i never saw a single boil or any splish splash near the backs of the coves ,it very close to breaking wide open, i think by time the striperking event hits it will be on full tilt, so it should make it very interesting to say the least,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN1245zzzz-----2222222222222.jpg
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN1247zzzzzz-------------555555555555.jpg
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN1248zzzzz-----------------44444444.jpg
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN1249zz-----------------3333333333333.jpg
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN1251zzzzzzzzzzzz----------1111111111111.jpg

striperkingclassic1
08-03-2011, 09:16 AM
To Bob- Great job on the multi-species day! I heard it was a tough bite, but you always manage to get 'em. I think that your right about Mr. Stripey making his summer appearance in "full tilt". There's no one that has the patience that you do on the water, and that's why you're always on the fish!

cutbait
08-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Bluegills, kitties, crappie???

Get that man a pitch fork and let's go CARPIN!

karlow
08-03-2011, 12:25 PM
Great work Bob.

What moon phase so the striper like?
Joe is convinced that they are fresh water WSB.
Do they like the same moon phases?
New moon or full moon = no love, but 4 days before or after it's party time!

We are planing to take Joe's new toy to Striper town on Fri.
Just not sure which way to go. Pyramid for consistent dinks, Castaic for less reliable but large fish, DVL (AKA the skunk zone) for a shot at larger grade fish.
Hell if he gets new tires for his rig on Thur, we might make the long hall to SA home of heart break and glory!

What would your call be?

Karlow

tacklejunkie
08-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Lol throw that little green popsicle back!
Stephen is a cool dude!
I pre-fished today and got my butt handed to me! Heeeelp! I caught green ones I was going for jailbirds.
I got my ticket too! I'll see you in line in the morning TO!
Let me know if I need to bring anything! I'll bring my tackle and food and money! lol
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/DSCN9252.jpg
PS I saw the carp jump today hahahaha You missed one!

Hitts0n
08-03-2011, 06:47 PM
Nice catfish Bob!!! Man thats a nice one !

TroutOnly
08-04-2011, 05:23 AM
monsters and some ice T/J and have something to throw on the boils ,i,ll have some kpn's and rico savaes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,s/o,,,,,,,,,

TroutOnly
08-04-2011, 05:25 AM
Hey hitts that catfish had a fat belly, just like you and t/d,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

tacklejunkie
08-04-2011, 07:57 AM
monsters and some ice T/J and have something to throw on the boils ,i,ll have some kpn's and rico savaes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,s/o,,,,,,,,,
Done deal! Count on extras!

Shock
08-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Hell yeah Bob, get on em on a tough bite!!! We gonna kill kill kill!!!!.....T/J you ready to slay?

tacklejunkie
08-04-2011, 08:25 AM
Hell yeah Bob, get on em on a tough bite!!! We gonna kill kill kill!!!!.....T/J you ready to slay?

This will be a good learning experience for me.
Striper is one thing I have never been very consistent with, but I do have fun catching them :Cool:

I'm definitely ready to observe the masters at work and maybe even tie into one myself!

See ya there mang. I'll bring a bucnch of sodas and sammiches and chips and ice. It was HOT yesterday!

cutbait
08-04-2011, 11:20 AM
This will be a good learning experience for me.
Striper is one thing I have never been very consistent with, but I do have fun catching them :Cool:

I'm definitely ready to observe the masters at work and maybe even tie into one myself!

See ya there mang. I'll bring a bucnch of sodas and sammiches and chips and ice. It was HOT yesterday!

TJ,, make sure you have a pink Sobe onboard.... Bob's #1 drink!

HawgZWylde
08-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Nice meeting ya out there Bob, fine job on bringin in the fish buffet...Yes indeed, the 27th is gonna be fun. Good luck to you guys, and s**T TJ and Shock, your chauffeur will be leaving at 6:15 am sharp, lol. And don't forget the pink Sobe's, trust me, those things are great at quenching thirst on a blazing hot August day...

TroutOnly
08-05-2011, 07:53 PM
CARPBOY ,GARY IS THE KING OF THE DRINK THE PINK,PAT IT WAS VERY NICE MEETING YOU,I DONT GET TO FISH THERE AS MUCH AS THE OLD DAYS WHENI WAS THERE ALMOST EVERY WEEKEND,BUT IT DID LET ME KNOW THAT PLACE LIKE THE BACK OF MY HAND,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/J STRIPEYS GOING DIE ONE THE LITTLE RED KILLIN MANCHINE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,

TroutOnly
08-10-2011, 08:47 AM
Karl either phase but right in the middle of the 5 or 6 day full on feeding,,,,,,,,,,its 5 or 6 days on full feed then 6 or 7 slow feed ,its just like the waves in the ocean,,,,,,,,,in sets,,,,,,,,