PDA

View Full Version : annual Bridgeport trip & my PB on the Fly Rod (7/23 - 7/30)

Trout-Slayer77
08-02-2011, 01:27 PM
32131Another spectacular trip up to the bridgeport area this year for some great fishing and beautiful weather !!!

spent a week fishing the waters of this region and stay at Doc & Al's cabins on the robinson creek.

now to the good stuff.... I managed to land my personal best, on the fly rod. It was thurs, 7/28, I made plans with my friend & local bridgeport resident, 'Mundo' to get out on the res and do some fishing. Many of you on here know & have also had the pleasure of fishing with Mr. Rey 'Mundo' Robles of [URL="http://staybentfishing.com"]. Rey took my father and I to the buckyeye bay area of the bridgeport reservoir to do some still water nymphing. About an hour into our adventure, my indicator went "dunk"... i set the hook and immediately knew it was a big one. I battled the beast for about 10 minutes or so, she made 4 strong runs, peeling line from my reel before she tired and Rey was able to net my beautiful 24", 5lb rainbow. She was CP&R'd back to the reservoir safely.

waters fished: June lake, Twin lakes (BP), east walker river, BP Reservoir, robinson creek

fly fishing tandem rigs. the usual dry's & nymphs

bait fishing - inflated crawlers, garlic pb, power worms, salmon eggs
lures used: thomas buoyants, cast masters, rooster tails, mini jigs

enjoy the pics !

only kept 7 fish to take home for bbq'n. the rest were c&r

(the rest of the pics in this album)
http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/McNocturnal/bridgeport%202011/

GdHkSet1
08-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Congrats on your Pb rainbow on the fly! Wow a 2.5' foot fish CPR'ed to live another day to fight on well done! Plan to visit the June area late Sept. Thanks for sharing..

billy b
08-04-2011, 08:25 AM
Nice fish! Great pictures! I recognize pictures from June and Bport Res ... are the shore pictures from Upper or Lower Twin ... and the river pictures ???

THANKS FOR SHARING

tacklejunkie
08-04-2011, 08:49 AM
Grats on the PB. Cool report.

teejay
08-04-2011, 10:58 AM
One of the best rainbows I've seen posted.

Trout-Slayer77
08-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Nice fish! Great pictures! I recognize pictures from June and Bport Res ... are the shore pictures from Upper or Lower Twin ... and the river pictures ???

THANKS FOR SHARING

Thanks ! the shore pics are from upper twin & the river pics are East walker river. 2 pics before town & the other pic is the miracle mile below the reservoir.

Trout-Slayer77
08-04-2011, 11:41 AM
thanks guys for the comments ! sure was a fun trip and great experience to feel a big fish on the fly rod !! can't wait to get back

Thylacine0113
08-04-2011, 03:23 PM
I would've fainted before I ever got that thing in. Good job Travis!

Matt44
08-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Thats one pretty fish slayer congrats! im hooked on the reservoir too man that place is off the hook.

Skaguy04
08-08-2011, 12:00 PM
WTG Dude! Still water nymphing is bad-*** fishing!

It was good meeting you out at doc & Als

Trout-Slayer77
08-08-2011, 05:06 PM
WTG Dude! Still water nymphing is bad-*** fishing!

It was good meeting you out at doc & Als

Ya, good meeting you too man !! Im hooked on still water nymphing.... and Mundo is the man when it comes to finding the sweet spots on the rez ! I might make a quick trip up there again in early october.

TroutOnly
08-22-2011, 08:27 AM
THAT PIC OF TROLLMIESTERS GIRLFRIEND IS FUNNY , I LAUGH EVERY TIME I DRIVE BY IT,,NICE TROUT ,YOU GOTA LOVE THE EASTERN SIERRA,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,