PDA

View Full Version : Mammoth-Twin Lakes-Waterfall access

peterl
08-01-2011, 11:24 PM
Hi All,

Got into mammoth today and will be hitting the water tomorrow. Would really like to try fishing the waterfall as it flows into Twin Lakes. However, I drove all around the capmground tonight and could not see any places to park that were close to the falls.

Any tips on where to park, and how much of a hike it is?

THanks
Pete

teejay
08-02-2011, 10:08 AM
You can park at the top of the falls by the Lake Mamie bridge -not sure about parking access down at Twin Lakes. Be really careful around the waterfall, it can be dangerous: a few years ago, a lady slipped and fell into the water and drowned.

Viejo
08-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Park in the parking lot and walk the 500 feet to the base of the waterfall where it comes into the lake.

peterl
08-02-2011, 10:33 AM
I would love too, but cannot find a parking lot anywhere near the falls. All of the parking areas I found where reserved for the campground areas.

I am heading back shortly and scout some more!

Thanks

Pete

Park in the parking lot and walk the 500 feet to the base of the waterfall where it comes into the lake.

IncredibleHuck
08-02-2011, 10:37 AM
The Day Use Parking area is by where the launch ramp is. It is just to your left 20 yards before you cross the bridge.

peterl
08-02-2011, 10:52 AM
Cool, thanks, will check it out!

The Day Use Parking area is by where the launch ramp is. It is just to your left 20 yards before you cross the bridge.

Viejo
08-02-2011, 12:08 PM
That lot....right above the store and boat rental place. We park there when we float tube. By the way....what kind of water were you planning on fishing in the waterfall The water is pretty much free falling. Are there some kind of native spawners that are fighting their way up to the next lake? Can't imagine much pocket water with that much of a gradient.