PDA

View Full Version : Advice for Lake Poway?

Totempole
08-01-2011, 10:51 PM
The gf and I plan to have a little vacay in SD aroun the 10th. Plan to Rey a boat and hunt for them kitties. Any advice on hotspots at lake poway? We plan to have a 3 day stay at that lake!

Thanks guys!
-tOtem

Jake'sDad
08-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Buoy line, boulder bay, and hidden bay seem to be the best areas for cats but that accounts for nearly half the lake as Lake Poway is very small. 3 days at that lake might be a bit much. I would suggest also considering nearby lakes such as Dixon, Wohlford, Hodges and Miramar. Further away from the Poway area would be Henshaw, El Capitan, Morena and Cuyamaca. All of these lakes are decent for cats. Good luck!

Totempole
08-03-2011, 12:26 AM
Buoy line, boulder bay, and hidden bay seem to be the best areas for cats but that accounts for nearly half the lake as Lake Poway is very small. 3 days at that lake might be a bit much. I would suggest also considering nearby lakes such as Dixon, Wohlford, Hodges and Miramar. Further away from the Poway area would be Henshaw, El Capitan, Morena and Cuyamaca. All of these lakes are decent for cats. Good luck!

Thanks for the headup! Yea I was looking into miramar and el capitan. I'll be sure to fish those areas!

Jake'sDad
08-03-2011, 09:12 AM
In case you are not aware, Lake Poway is open Wed - Sun and El Cap is open Thurs, Fri, Sat and Mon for fishing.