PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Surf Fishing report 7/31/11

FishingwithDave
08-01-2011, 10:41 AM
So the wife and are spending a few days in Pismo. Decided this was going to be the trip to bring my gear and try surf fishing. Didn't get out until 3:30pm which was late. Brought blood worms from Bako and using a C-rig. True story, first cast I catch a hand sized perch. Yelled out to my wife who was up on the beach drinking champagne and reading to show her that I do actually catch fish.

Released it and out again. Got a few more bites over the next hour and only caught one more small one. Was windy and rough and the surf was pounding me. Got soaked and cold so I called it quits.

Bought some neoprene chest high waders today and will be trying again here in a few minutes and will hopefully be dryer and warmer.

Which Way Out
08-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Nice up there. Don't know much about the fishing so keep the reports coming. Photos too

Cangler
08-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Keep an eye out for sand crab beds

Wingnut
08-01-2011, 11:46 PM
Always wanted to surf fish Pismo... someday. Thanks for the report, good luck on your next session. :Cool:

Re8elmonk0341
08-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Hhahaha "yelled out to the wife" that's funny. Surf fishin' can be an addicting hobby. Thanks for report

fishshep
08-02-2011, 08:07 PM
:ROFL::ROFL:Sorry I can't help it, nothin personal,:ROFL::ROFL: but I did that a few years

ago in summer too :Shocked: one good thing was, lost some weight,:LOL: all the sweatin I did !!! :LOL:

Seriously though, Hodgeman breathables (if you search around) are real comfortable

and can be found around $ 60.00. Got mine at sports chalet. Believe me,

you will really appreciate the difference :Wink:

smokehound
08-02-2011, 11:49 PM
Do you mean marine bloodworms, or manure worms?

kevin2998
08-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Living in the area I gotta tell you the surf fishing up here is a blast, I use a nine foot wuppin stick crappie rod and an ultralight reel with four pound test, funnest thing ever for perch. Makes that three pounder feel like a ling cod! Next time your up be sure to try morro bay and Cayucos