PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid sun guide alex max t/o lake lice and the boiling stripers

TroutOnly
08-01-2011, 07:40 AM
i was contacted by alex ,he wanted a half day at pyramid so him and his son max could experince striper fishing ,both were striper virgins and limited fishing skills. well both of those things ended sun ,the guys learned how the troll works ,and how the boilng works. the morning started out with dark skies and tons of lake lice,we drove off from there main path out to the main lake body.after a while we got hooked up the skunk was gone and max landed his first striper and the biggest fish of his young life. we kept hitting them here and there,with a little surface action trying to start. they were trying to boil but with the dark skies it just held it off, it was totally different than fri.so we kept on rolling picking off fish mostly out in open water. there were alot of fish shallow chasing shad schools.well it got around noon and alex asked max if he had enough ,he hadnt we had gotten a limit of stripeys and a smallmouth, max said he wanted to stay and fish the boils, i told him and alex there was no guarentees on the stripers boiling . so we kept going we stopped in yellow bar and tryed some bait fishing they would pick at it but no good action. so we pulled anchor and continued to troll,crossing a main point max got a lmb,so he had hit three tyes of fish ,stripers ,smallmouth,and large mouth, he wanted to kill them but i told him the rules ,so we kept on going. we were moving thru and area and the biols blew up in front of us. i pulled in the trolls and we started working the area for the boilers , we had some real train wrecks with the gear because the guys had very limited experince with fish hauling *** every which way after being hooked up. the boys got a second limit off the boils ,i had during the day taught max how to cast his brand new spinning setup his father alex had got for him, he did very well at casting and driving the boat during the day. the kpn's were the lure of choice yet again , the stripers loved them as always.the sun began to set so we headed in the guys loaded there gear and fish and called it a day. it was pretty cool max wanted boilers all day and because he hung tuff and stayed on the boat and stayed awake he got his wish,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN1242xxxxxxxxxxxx---------111111111111111.jpg
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN1243xxxxxxxxx-------2222222222222.jpg
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN1244xxxxxxxxxxxx----------33333333333.jpg
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/100_0329SSSSSSSSSS--------111111111.jpg
THANK YOU ALEX AND MAX,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

FINSMACKDOWN
08-01-2011, 09:30 AM
Nice going Bob!! That kid is hooked for life now, check the smile on his face! And he didnt want to leave......... Great day!

Spaulding
08-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Nice Bob. The kid looks happy. Good customer service as usual.

MarkyMark
08-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Yes, T.O has game!

I was on water at the same time. Good customer service and way to hang in there on a Sunday. Boy, sometimes I wish Pyramid had a PWC only area like Castaic. Me and and a couple of other boats were working and watching a boil start in the channel when this PWCer zooms right in front of us and over the boiling area! :EyePop: WTF?:Confused: I couldn't take it any longer and left around noon:Angry:. They were wanting to start but I figure it wasn't going to happen today...oh well!! By the way, I kept on catching smallies and got only 4 stripers trolling a shad rap..Way to go T.O.!!

MM

troutdog
08-01-2011, 10:51 PM
Fricken awesome, that is what it's all about right there....way to lead the way Bob!

BTW do you have a life vest that will fit Hitts? :LOL:

TD

Wingnut
08-02-2011, 12:01 AM
You da Man Uncle Bob! Look at the smile on the kid's face. :Big Grin:

TroutOnly
08-02-2011, 08:29 PM
Hey t/d i will have to strap about three of them together to fit his fatass,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,

saltman
08-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Mr. TroutOnly nice to see a future young angler getting his frist striper.
Saltman.

danno
08-02-2011, 10:28 PM
Cool deal. Heading out there Friday with my 6 and 8 yr old. Will let them throw swim baits (single hook) whilst I try topwater stuff. Haven't seen shad there for years.

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Nice work on getting your clients on fish Bob, way ta roll

Congrats to the lucky anglers : )

Gary

Native Gal
08-04-2011, 12:06 AM
"MAX ATTACK", nice day of fishing for the kid T.O. Love his huge smile.

NG

TroutOnly
08-04-2011, 05:30 AM
THAT LITTLE MAN HAD A BALL, AND WAS KILLING LIKE A PRO AT THE END OF THE DAY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,

tacklejunkie
08-04-2011, 12:15 PM
Good work teaching the boy the ropes with the LMB.
I have been meaning to make it over to Pyramid for my first SMB and some of those schoolies one of these years :Rolls Eyes:

I keep hoping to pick the SMB off at DVL one of these days maybe. Looks like they are more common at Pyramid.

TroutOnly
08-05-2011, 07:58 PM
IF YOU WANT BIG SMALLIES ITS SAN ANTONIO,,THERE ALWAYS PIGS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,

TroutOnly
08-10-2011, 08:35 AM
SALTMAN I LOVE HELPING PUTTING A YOUNG PERSON ON THE RIGHT TRACK WITH THERE FISHING CARRER ,SOMETIMES IT WILL PUT THE SEED OF FISHING IN THERE BLOOD AND THE LOVE OF FISHING WILL GROW INSIDE THEM FOR THE REST OF THERE LIFE,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,