PDA

View Full Version : Perris ?'s not about fish...

Sublime-Steve
07-31-2011, 09:33 PM
So im fishin 11&12 and i get outta the water and my feet are covered in lil tiny what I thought were leaches moved and looked just like the bigger model's but much smaller. After my tick incident @ skinner i was pretty freaked out n moved from that side of the lake to the police dock. ANYONE KNOW IF THOSE WERE LEACHES??! :EyePop:

vortec_cruiser
07-31-2011, 09:44 PM
Just be sure to let them dry out for seven days before entering another body of water.

QB7940
08-01-2011, 12:08 AM
good bait to tip jigs with. i hope not though, ive only seen one in southern california before.

Kelster
08-01-2011, 06:10 AM
Way to go, now I'm going to be checking myself every time I tube there now. :Surprised:

bassgrabber1
08-01-2011, 07:22 AM
hahahahahahaha.....Steve you're still freaked by the tick incident? Not sure if they are leaches ....were they dark colored?

tacklejunkie
08-01-2011, 08:17 AM
Ticks are nasty. Straight up. I'm with Steve there.
When you go crawling throuhg the SoCal mountain forests for nice wild trout you find them often.
Have to start wearing your 100% deet that melts plastic or you'll get bit up.

I think those were the tiny shellless snails bro.
Go get you some waders and a nice Fish Cat 4 tube and you won't have to deal with it anymore.
You won't regret it. We'll make a Ponyakentuber of you yet!
We used to get a big group of guys together for a floatilla at perris and terrorize da feesh.
(wonders where Rinira, Socal Bassman, Bassguy, Matt D, VG, Socal Rippin and Keith have been and the rest of the crew)

TJ still on the fish.

Sublime-Steve
08-01-2011, 09:57 AM
Hmmmm yea i took them all off of me with no blood drawn.. im hoping your right TJ cause this year had been wild with bugs n crap n im just adding that to the list

Pete Marino
08-01-2011, 10:34 AM
I got some bad news for you Steve.. What you saw on you was a parasite known simply as the Quagga Snail.....They are young Quagga mussels that are looking for a home to inhabit and they found their way onto your skin and dropped their larva.. Although they dont pose as real big health risk to you with the exception of VIOLENT diarrhea and EXTREME itching in the pubic region both of which commonly begin 2-3 days after contact.....
The problem although is the larva that have been deposited under your skin....They begin to hatch after 48 hours and continue for 3 months after intitial contact...SOOOO.... you are hereby banned from going to Perris for the next 3 months...
Dont hate the messenger bro...

Enjoy your next 3 months at Lake Elsinore...

Pete

Sublime-Steve
08-01-2011, 11:56 AM
LOL pete... im going swimming @ DVL then..

bassgrabber1
08-01-2011, 04:02 PM
hahahahahahaaha....Pete cracks me up. Hey Pete are you ever going back out to Perris or what?

Pete Marino
08-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Hahahaha... yep I railed them Big time there the other day.... I absolutely HAMMERED them!!!

Pete

bassgrabber1
08-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Hahahaha... yep I railed them Big time there the other day.... I absolutely HAMMERED them!!!

Pete
Right on....ill be there for the Thurs session.

evosamurai
08-01-2011, 09:38 PM
i saw pete at bass pro last weekend casting into the big fish tank

Reellady46
08-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Is this a joke? I have been wanting to go check Perris out. Not sure I want to now.. LOL!!

Reellady46
08-01-2011, 09:52 PM
I got some bad news for you Steve.. What you saw on you was a parasite known simply as the Quagga Snail.....They are young Quagga mussels that are looking for a home to inhabit and they found their way onto your skin and dropped their larva.. Although they dont pose as real big health risk to you with the exception of VIOLENT diarrhea and EXTREME itching in the pubic region both of which commonly begin 2-3 days after contact.....
The problem although is the larva that have been deposited under your skin....They begin to hatch after 48 hours and continue for 3 months after intitial contact...SOOOO.... you are hereby banned from going to Perris for the next 3 months...
Dont hate the messenger bro...

Enjoy your next 3 months at Lake Elsinore...

Pete

Are you serious Pete?!

tree
08-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Are you serious Pete?!

Your sarcasm meter is broken.

Reellady46
08-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Your sarcasm meter is broken.
I am new to the area. Have not been there. I cannot tell if it is a joke or not. LOL!

Pete Marino
08-01-2011, 10:24 PM
Reellady...yes Im just messing with Steve... completely made it up..

Evo... I love watching the big bass eat my bait in the tank at Bass Pro... too fun!!!

Pete

Sublime-Steve
08-02-2011, 12:37 PM
You guys are killin me. I think it's time to walk the dam again, just dreading the walk back in the heat, anyone been fishin the dam lately?

evosamurai
08-02-2011, 09:59 PM
pete do u not have a hook on the worms you were throwing?

TheAsianGuy
08-03-2011, 08:14 AM
You guys are killin me. I think it's time to walk the dam again, just dreading the walk back in the heat, anyone been fishin the dam lately?

Didn't fish at the dam, but did a bit a nice stroll through the area. If the heat don't get you, the humidity will. I don't know how the crap you guys can stand in that torturous heat wave for hours. I could barely handle walking through there for 45 minutes. You need to have some major shades over your head. You can get a large Sport-brella shade to deflect the sun from your back for a good $50. Got one for my family. It's a God-sent for both wind and sunlight deflection.

Kelster
08-03-2011, 08:16 AM
Is the dam area a good place to tube? I've been fishing the other side of the lake and would like to expand my horizons. :)

TheAsianGuy
08-03-2011, 08:25 AM
Is the dam area a good place to tube? I've been fishing the other side of the lake and would like to expand my horizons. :)

The dam is a great place to tube. If you want, start at the Bernasconi ramp, and slowly kick, while fishing, towards the dam. This may take you up to 30 minutes. I normally catch a handful of gills before stopping short at the dam outlet. Once you're at the dam, break out your gears for basses, trouts, and cats. They're all over the place. I actually saw a carp near the shoreline at the dam area. I was amazed for them to be that far over, rather than being all over the eastern side.

JigStop
08-03-2011, 08:33 AM
Those are positively aquatic blood-sucking annelids or leeches. They are more common in cold water regions like Minnesota and Wisconsin. My cousin runs a golf ball recovery company in Palm Springs and he says those golf course lakes down there are absolutely infested with them.

Pete Marino
08-03-2011, 08:57 AM
evo... I assume you mean when Im at Bass Pro doing seminars?? If so, I completely cut my hook in 1/2 when I throw into the tank. Those bass hold the bait in there mouth and let it go when I shake it free from their mouths. Sometimes they hold the bait for 30-40 seconds though before they finally let it go.. Its pretty cool and a great way to demonstrate how bass eat certain plastic worms..

Pete

TheAsianGuy
08-03-2011, 08:59 AM
Those are positively aquatic blood-sucking annelids or leeches. They are more common in cold water regions like Minnesota and Wisconsin. My cousin runs a golf ball recovery company in Palm Springs and he says those golf course lakes down there are absolutely infested with them.

That's what surprised me. Leeches in the very warm water?! I wade plenty of time through those area with the boys, but never got attached by those blood sucking creation. But..always new things in that lake.

Steve, take a photo next time! Zoom up close and personal on those puppies when you encounter them next. They won't hurt you, nor kill you. You'll just lose a few drops of blood, hardly something to worry about. Just watch those puppies from crawling up your butt or Captain Nemo of yours. Not a fun thing when they are inside of you.

BlkManFishin
08-03-2011, 08:59 AM
They prob are leaches ive seen then atatched to catfish in Elizabeth lake

Kelster
08-03-2011, 10:09 AM
Now the next time I tube Perris I not only have to clean the tube but I have to do a leech check like the movie Stand by Me :Embarrassed:

TheAsianGuy
08-03-2011, 10:16 AM
Now the next time I tube Perris I not only have to clean the tube but I have to do a leech check like the movie Stand by Me :Embarrassed:

Stand in an assume position, spread over the mirror, and check :ROFL: You crack me up Kelster. No, tubing is not an issue, as long as you don't rub up against too many overgrown tules/grasses. I believe your primary area of concern is the ramp. Once you're in the water after the initial launch, just lift your legs up, and you'll see them right away. If you don't see them, you're good. If you see them initially on your legs, well, let's just say the lake is fully infested with them. Otherwise, it takes a great deal for leeches to attach themselves to you if you're sitting in a tube, floating quite a large distant from shore. Leeches prefer high growth of plants over open water any day. However, check the fishes you've caught. Heavy infestation of leeches will attach themselves to every thing that move.