PDA

View Full Version : Puddingston Lake 7/27/11 LMB

CPT. Kirk
07-31-2011, 09:14 AM
I caught this 18.5 incher on a spinnerbait. I also caught several smaller bass including a 15 incher on a crappie jig. For details go to the web site or blog. http://bassinthehood.com
http://http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz318/kpmetoyer/Bass%20in%20the%20Hood/IMG_0380_edited-1.jpg

old pudd fisher
07-31-2011, 09:55 PM
Nice one Kirk and glad you are back fishing the pudd again.

want2fishmore
08-01-2011, 12:31 AM
Nice fish! Was out there today for 1 1/2 hrs (7:30pm-9pm) with my daughter, mainly to get out of the house and walk a bit. Parked at the East Shore (alot of people there today). Hit 2 piers over there. Threw out a Super Duper, Crappie Maxx Crank (which I lost to a snag:(), and a Crappie Thunder Road. No love, but it was okay.

CPT. Kirk
08-01-2011, 06:20 AM
Nice one Kirk and glad you are back fishing the pudd again.

its good to be back i wish I could fish more but its been mostly an hour or two in the afternoons

CPT. Kirk
08-01-2011, 06:22 AM
Nice fish! Was out there today for 1 1/2 hrs (7:30pm-9pm) with my daughter, mainly to get out of the house and walk a bit. Parked at the East Shore (alot of people there today). Hit 2 piers over there. Threw out a Super Duper, Crappie Maxx Crank (which I lost to a snag:(), and a Crappie Thunder Road. No love, but it was okay.

That is about all the time I get but I have teenage kids and dont have to worry about their well being while im gone the Pudd can be tough at times but I have caught some of my best fish there.

Mestre909
08-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Wussup Kirk!!! Good to hear from you and see your Bassin again! Dude, Seccombe is TOUGH these days. I've managed 4 bass in about two months. Been going to DVL and doing ok. I think I need to try Pudd. How is the lake? Lots of weed?

CPT. Kirk
08-01-2011, 10:24 AM
[QUOTE=Mestre909;567382]Wussup Kirk!!! Good to hear from you and see your Bassin again! Dude, Seccombe is TOUGH these days. I've managed 4 bass in about two months. Been going to DVL and doing ok. I think I need to try Pudd. How is the lake? Lots of weed?

This time of year it can be weedy you have to find a spot with less weeds but the bass in the weeds just try to avoid the snot grass the slimy stuff. It is good to be back to fishhing I have been to Seccombe lately but have only caught dinks. A few weeks ago my wife came with me to make sure a didnt fall in the lake. I told her where to cast and she caught a 4 pounder that I helped her reel in. DVL is good and one of my favorit lakes.

Mestre909
08-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Tell you wife i said good job on the 4#!!! Hopefully I'll run into you again someday at Seccombe. I've been getting my bass near the bridges and off the points, throwing a Fat Ika. What are you throwing there these days? Modified Senko?

CPT. Kirk
08-01-2011, 01:27 PM
Tell you wife i said good job on the 4#!!! Hopefully I'll run into you again someday at Seccombe. I've been getting my bass near the bridges and off the points, throwing a Fat Ika. What are you throwing there these days? Modified Senko?

I have been throwing everything modified Senko's, reg Senko's, Wacky Rig, jigs, crappie jigs etc. The Senkos have been working the best last year it was my modified Senkos that did the trick. The crappie jig is producing a lot of smaller fish.