PDA

View Full Version : Crowley Lake

ityperx
07-30-2011, 06:29 PM
I'm heading out there in 3 weeks and I was wondering if there's still any perches left? I haven't heard any news as opposed to last year when it was wipe open from the month of June to mid Aug. Can anyone shed a light on this?

Thanks in advance.

80 views and no one has a clue lol, guess I'll have to check it out myself when I get there...

seal
07-31-2011, 01:29 PM
From Lake Crowley's website-

"Perch Fishing Report July-26, 2011
Not too much to report on the perch fishing, because a lot of the perch
fisherman have have left for the season. The perch are still hanging on
the deep edges of the weeds. Both shores of McGee Bay are still holding
fish. Croppie jigs tipped with Croppie Nibbles will still get you some fish."

I would also try Sandy Point around the corner on the North arm/Owens river side.

JAG107
07-31-2011, 07:49 PM
Was there this morning. Weeds and algae so thick you could walk on it. LOTS of fouled lures and presentations. Only saw 2 fish caught, one nice 20" brown in Mcgee bay by a fly guide service boat amidst 25 other boats, and one stocker bow caught up the north arm by a troller. I tried hitting the weeds for perch around the north arm for no luck or sighting of life whatsoever. My first time there, maybe someone else can chime in with tips for fishing in crazy muck and weeds???

seal
08-01-2011, 07:15 AM
Was there this morning. Weeds and algae so thick you could walk on it. LOTS of fouled lures and presentations. Only saw 2 fish caught, one nice 20" brown in Mcgee bay by a fly guide service boat amidst 25 other boats, and one stocker bow caught up the north arm by a troller. I tried hitting the weeds for perch around the north arm for no luck or sighting of life whatsoever. My first time there, maybe someone else can chime in with tips for fishing in crazy muck and weeds???

Advise, wait till it clears.

STEVE IN SOCAL
08-01-2011, 10:22 AM
I hate the green goo. Seems like a 1/32 oz mini jig wants to sit on top of it. Not worth it. Opener til mid June, then wait til fall. My observation...

ityperx
08-01-2011, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the info guys...thick vegetation doesn't sound too appealing. Who knows when that will clear up, guess I'll try PVR instead.