PDA

View Full Version : Heavy moss @ the Pudd

Jeremy Wade Jr
07-30-2011, 09:52 AM
I just moved to Pomona last year and have only been fishing the lake since the beginning of the year. I don't have a boat or a float tube, so I do all my fishing on the shore, mostly at East Shore pier or North Shore (creek area). Water levels seem to be at an all time low, while moss and jet skiers are at their peak (summer)

Just curious as to how you old school Pudd masters work your way through the lake this time of year. I can't throw anything in the lake without getting a salad in return, even some of my top water stuff finds itself covered in heavy moss. Any good lures/tips from a fellow fisherman? :Secret:

Bassmaster Bob
07-30-2011, 11:36 AM
I was there a couple weeks back and had the same problem, plus they closed the one side that week for Jazzfest. All i could do was try and pick a lure that seemed to hook less moss I was using a lipless crank that kept the nose down more. Still didn't have any luck but at least it was less cleaning.

Trial and Error
07-30-2011, 11:40 AM
yup thats that lake for you. Even the local guys stop fishing it often during this time. Throw on some 65lb braid and a jig and have at it.

Thisfool
07-30-2011, 01:04 PM
i haven't been there in about 3 months but unless they drained off the lake it should still be way high compared to its normal water level. try drop shot and Texas rig basically any weedless plastic.

El Weirdo
07-30-2011, 08:08 PM
I have a few tricks that have worked for me.shoot me a PM

Bassmaster Bob
07-30-2011, 10:35 PM
I'm interested in the moss tricks can you post here to help all?

evosamurai
07-30-2011, 10:42 PM
yes please moss tricks much needed

bman90278
07-31-2011, 04:37 AM
Something that always works for me when the growth is thick or the Algae bloom is in full effect. Throw a Senko or Stick bait on the edges or in any pockets u see and u will be greatly rewarded! Even if it feels like the bait gets hung up no worries...When u move the rod a few inches and the bait moves or falls, u will get hit.