PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid guide trip friday,,,,,the stripers are boiling,,,,,,,,

TroutOnly
07-30-2011, 08:27 AM
i got hooked up with bud and his friend dick for a tour of pyramid and some lessons on the striper fishing at that lake.we hit the water and did some trolling ,so bud could see how it works and scout for bait and fish. it wasnt long and the skunk was gone,the boys wanted striper for dinner so everything that hit the deck was into the deadwell, except for some superdinks.the surface water temp was 75 and the water was some what stained.as we moved on we kept wacking mr stripey and i noticed alot of bait up shallow.so we shortened the lenght of the gear to run muck more shallow.then the next thing you know we start seeing some boiling happening up ion front of us,as i drove the boat near the boiling the rods were getting slammed as the boys dealt with the schoolies i tied on some kpn's.it got ton the point were the boils we so intense ,i stopped the boat and hauled in the trolling gear.then seeings how the guys had never fished striper boils before i hopped up on the back of the boat and showed them how its done.then the fun started we moved around and picked them off for the next couple houres there was insane boild all over the place, and it just kept going ,the hardest part was getting the boys to just keep working the lure even if they got hooked up and the fish shook off. all i know is sunday i have another guide and the tops coming off the boat and the battery for the trolling motor is getting a full charge.in all the action i treid several lures but what the loved the best was kpn's o.g. model its the right size and color, kahn if you are reading this i gave bud youre card out the lure package, he was so impressed he will be ordering lures. thank you bud and thank you dick,,,,,,,,dick got worked a little too much so we had to head in early,it was ok cause i cleaned there fish ,the gave me a tip and everybody was happy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,also thank you tammy the pyramid rose for the referral,,,,with all the improvements happening at the lake you should know they now have boat storerage at the lake now and soon as the steel steps get the the dock and rental boats will be there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN1239XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX----------------------44444444444444444.jpg
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN1235XXXXXXXXXXXXX--------222222222222222222.jpg
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN1237XXXXXXXXXXX-----------33333333333333333.jpg

SDDave
07-30-2011, 09:21 AM
Oh, hey Bob, I forgot to tell u, the stripers are boiling at pyramid... Oh I did tell...
Nice slay guys, it's great when you catch so many fish you wear them out early lol
I made my first dip of shad Thursday, they were the micro's but I saw some bigger models that were to quick for me, it's on boys, the mid is the place be for stripey.

cutbait
07-30-2011, 09:28 AM
Good info boys.. I'm gonna see when Trailblazer wants to hit it.. may be soon

dkinla
07-30-2011, 09:49 AM
Hi TroutOnly... Enjoy reading your guided posts! You always have a great outing with your guests!

I just wanted to know your thoughts about the striped bass population in pyramid/castaic...
Do u think they're getting overfished? Or are they maintaining a healthy level in both lakes year after year...

I know not everyone does as well as you and other seasoned pros out there...

Great report!

IN2DEEP
07-30-2011, 11:24 PM
Nice going T/O
Did the bait and wait today (wasn't all that great) Lake Lice were out in force by 10am
Wished I looked harder for boiling fish... next time
Good luck on Sunday... there's gonna be some lake lice big time
Scott

troutdog
07-31-2011, 12:59 PM
That sounds like a ton of fun, looking forward to the report from today....

TD

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-03-2011, 05:43 PM
Anutha murder death keel for the red Murauder !

Congrats to your clients and hats off to you on getting them on the bite....

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Hi TroutOnly... Enjoy reading your guided posts! You always have a great outing with your guests!

I just wanted to know your thoughts about the striped bass population in pyramid/castaic...
Do u think they're getting overfished? Or are they maintaining a healthy level in both lakes year after year...

Great report!

I know this was asked to Bob but I'll just note that there is no such thing as overfishing the stripers...they are reproductive MACHINES !

Keel them...then Keel MORE !

The real problem is that they OVERPOPULATE ! on their own due to their reproductive patterns...

don't worry bout the killing..

The striper species create their own problem by the overpopulations...therefore creating a smaller and smaller average unit...

KEEL THEM !

Gary

OC ANGLER
08-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Nice ! never hit Pyramid or Castaic may haft to check them out sometime

TroutOnly
08-04-2011, 05:28 AM
theres way too many of them,so the size continues to shrink,,,,,,,,,when you take youre limits you are leaving more food for the others,,,,equals bigger fish,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,

dkinla
08-04-2011, 06:25 PM
ok thanks for the info TO! I never had a problem of catching too many of them anyways :LOL:

KID CREOLE
08-04-2011, 06:50 PM

Great report!

The stripers are under killed

TroutOnly
08-05-2011, 08:01 PM
THATS RIGHT {KILL THEM ALL},,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,s/o,,,,,,,,,

farmacist
08-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Aalllllllll!!

TroutOnly
08-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Farmy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

TroutOnly
08-10-2011, 08:38 AM
IN2DEEP ARE YOU FISHING THE STRIPERKING EVENT AT DVL?,,,,,,,,,,,,IF YOU NEED A PARTNER BOAT I COULD BE ONE I KNOW THAT LAKE UPSIDE AND BACKWARDS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,

MikesOcean
08-10-2011, 11:07 PM
IN2DEEP ARE YOU FISHING THE STRIPERKING EVENT AT DVL?,,,,,,,,,,,,IF YOU NEED A PARTNER BOAT I COULD BE ONE I KNOW THAT LAKE UPSIDE AND BACKWARDS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,

Uhhhhhh ya Scot, he will even bring his blow up doll to share with ya!!!!!

Btw.... Bob, where's the SA reports?? I was digging those hog reports!!
Actually, I don't blame you for fishing in your backyard. Not to mention it keeps your clients happy catching all those little POS!!!! I CANT WAIT TO GO OUT AND HIT THE TOPWATER!!

KEEP IT UP BOB!!!! YOUR AN ANIMAL!!!!!

MO BLOOOOOOOOOD