PDA

View Full Version : a few hours @ THE DAM

El Weirdo
07-29-2011, 01:44 PM
Well long story short..was planning on taking my boat out to skinner today( Friday 29) with my buddy Turtle
( Don't get to fish much with him... something to do about getting his masters)
when I checked my air pressure on my the trailers ties..seen this softball sized
lump on my inner sidewall..and it was after hrs to get her fixed...so no skinner...

but wait there is hope made the run to Santa Fe water was stained lots of bait in water
had three blow ups on top water ..but was nil for the hook set...
on with trusty jig! had to work today did manage this beauty..scale read almost 5
she had a gut on her!! a BBW...NO wait a BBB Big Beautiful Bass!
did not get much after her..well did get one suicide rat..who just murdered my jig
motto for today:
"Some fishing is better than no fishing."

El Weirdo
07-29-2011, 02:20 PM
P.S. Thanks to KENNY'S in upland for fixing my favorite fishing rod..YOU GUYS ROCK!!

Lakerfan160
07-29-2011, 02:48 PM
nicefish, wat time of day was it when the fish blowed up ur top water lure,afternoon?

El Weirdo
07-29-2011, 02:53 PM
Morning... i just looked for where the bait was ..and cast into it

Lakerfan160
07-29-2011, 03:35 PM
thx for the advice

tacklejunkie
07-29-2011, 03:50 PM
Captain Weirdo sniffin' out the fish from shore!
Nice bucket!
Jigs skills are improving I see!

El Weirdo
07-29-2011, 05:40 PM
10-4 TJ...just picked up some plastics from Urbanbassman...can't wait to try them @ DVL oR SKINNER..
man love the jig...come on winter!!!!

bassnet
07-29-2011, 10:05 PM
nice work with the jig!

smokinflies
07-30-2011, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the report. It's been awhile since I've been to the dam.

P.S. Thanks to KENNY'S in upland for fixing my favorite fishing rod..YOU GUYS ROCK!!

Kenny's is a cool little shop.

icachum2
08-02-2011, 08:00 AM
Kenny's is closed. Sad to say, another victim of this crappy economy (i'm guessing).

CPT. Kirk
08-02-2011, 08:08 AM
Well long story short..was planning on taking my boat out to skinner today( Friday 29) with my buddy Turtle
( Don't get to fish much with him... something to do about getting his masters)
when I checked my air pressure on my the trailers ties..seen this softball sized
lump on my inner sidewall..and it was after hrs to get her fixed...so no skinner...

but wait there is hope made the run to Santa Fe water was stained lots of bait in water
had three blow ups on top water ..but was nil for the hook set...
on with trusty jig! had to work today did manage this beauty..scale read almost 5
she had a gut on her!! a BBW...NO wait a BBB Big Beautiful Bass!
did not get much after her..well did get one suicide rat..who just murdered my jig
motto for today:
"Some fishing is better than no fishing."

Nice fish at the dam I love to tube that place on weekends no motor boats

CPT. Kirk
08-02-2011, 08:12 AM
Kennys is great he moved his shop he on Central and Footholl now across from The Hat still in Upland.