PDA

View Full Version : Apple has more cash the the USA !

Cangler
07-29-2011, 08:22 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14340470

tacklejunkie
07-29-2011, 09:05 AM
Makes perfect sense.
I couldn't afford it but I still bought my second iphone.. the iphone 4.

I suppose if you are able to make Americans want things they can't afford you will soon have all their money.

When my contract is up, if Apple still makes the best smartphone I will buy it again.
If they haven't all gone to ipads and Skype by then.

Telephones are so last century. Everyone uses skype on a computer now. Delete that telephone bill. Talk over the other connection you already pay for.

I use my phone more for texting than talk/chat anyways now days. It's more like a mobile computer mixed with a webcam to me than a phone.
Texting is the new calling. Messages you can leave and get back to at your leisure without interrupting yourself.

Apple IMO is the easiest way to text. I know others have droids too that do it better or faster or whatever but I have become so used to the iphone keyboard I can do it without looking by now. Apple sure was much easier than 9 key texting and even those tiny full size keyboards they have on phones now.
Apple was the pioneer of this smartphone thing. First one I saw that literally had me drop everything and want one was the iphone 3.

I never liked apple products period until I saw the iphone 3.
Now I would try their ipads and computers and everything else after seeing how user friendly their stuff is.
they aren't playing around at Apple. They have good reason to be making the money. They make great stuff!

Actually I think I did have an Ipod once before my iphone also but got the Iphone shortly after and sold it.
Ipods and Iphones are pretty groovy little devices in a bite size package. Technology at it's finest.
They single handed removed the need for CD's and buying music in a physical store..
Pretty amazing!

Rasputin and Warehouse will be out of business any day now if they aren't already.
Smart Apple!

They are even the first ones to make remote video calling worth while to use and fit in your pocket..
They have changed the way many people do many things forever.

Hell instead of using a $200 gopro on my motorcycle I just stick my iphone in a cradle mounted to the handlebar and press record.. Not the best quality but it works!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U-nJuDU8UQ
Need to move the mic behind the windshield again though.
considering I hit some of those corners at 50-60mph on my knee with a super rigid suspension I don't think it did to bad being bolted directly to the handlebar.

Also,
motorcycle speedometers are famous for being 10-20mph off of your actual speed.
Iphone has GPS and a speedometer app that work better than the speedometer on my bike!
this little thing can replace the gauges on my bike, more acurately, while recording my GPS route to google maps and taking video. lol
I have a phone charger wired into the bike so I can let it go as long as I need it to.
I don't know how I lived without one of these a while ago. It can do so many things..

DarkShadow
07-29-2011, 09:47 AM
Apple has figured out how to create a legion of consumers who purchase things because of WANT instead of NEED.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist."

tacklejunkie
07-29-2011, 09:58 AM
Nah pretty sure I need this thing now days! lol
Otherwise i'd have to bring a camera for my fishy reports. =P
Thing might save me a speeding ticket one day or find me if I get lost in the woods. (it'll find itself too)
I don't have a good memory but my iphone does! Long story that I'll forget I'm telling you before it's over.
Dang I can play the ol super nintendo games on it too.
Earthbound in your pocket FTW!

Also to be honest I have been planning a complete dash removal from the 250R to save some weight and use the more accurate iphone instead. If I go through with that, I would then definitely need the stupid thing.

seal
07-29-2011, 10:06 AM
I miss pagers...

DarkShadow
07-29-2011, 10:14 AM
I miss pagers...

Skytel Pager FTW!

"hey, let me borrow your phone, I got a page...and they put 911 so it must be important."

tacklejunkie
07-29-2011, 10:15 AM
lol I was always too young to get a pager contract. haha I tried so many times.
Probably a good thing they didn't give it to me. Bastards. =P

LGHT
07-29-2011, 10:41 AM
Bill Gates gave away more cash then apple has.....

DarkShadow
07-29-2011, 12:23 PM
Bill Gates gave away more cash then apple has.....

Any way to pay less taxes to Uncle Sam is ok in my book.

Cangler
07-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Any way to pay less taxes to Uncle Sam is ok in my book.

So you're supporting McCourt on that one ?

City Dad
07-29-2011, 01:16 PM
Yeah, but I'd like to see Apple fight two wars simultaneously for ten years.

DarkShadow
07-29-2011, 03:01 PM
So you're supporting McCourt on that one ?

I really wouldn't consider alimony a "charitable" contribution.

Cangler
07-29-2011, 03:50 PM
I really wouldn't consider alimony a "charitable" contribution.

Good news !!

Amy Whitehouse has been sober for over a week !

DarkShadow
07-29-2011, 04:16 PM
I'd say, "too soon," but that's a good one to be left to linger for a few more days.

City Dad
07-29-2011, 04:48 PM
Good news !!

Amy Whitehouse has been sober for over a week !

I heard her ashes have a street value of $25,000.00...

tacklejunkie
07-29-2011, 05:22 PM
$26,000!
$27,000!
What this wasn't Ebay?
Doh.