PDA

View Full Version : lost lake info

usmcfisherman
07-28-2011, 08:15 PM
this lake is off route 66 in the cajon pass. has anyone fished it before, any tips or places. im going there tommorow so any info be appreciated. thanx.

RTG
07-29-2011, 11:13 AM
this lake is off route 66 in the cajon pass. has anyone fished it before, any tips or places. im going there tommorow so any info be appreciated. thanx.

This small, and clear water "lake" has bass, bluegill and a few carp. Every once in a while some nice fish get caught there. You need an adventure pass to park there, and of course a fishing license (it gets checked). Weekends are usually busy and it gets quite trashed. If you're going on a weekend day, go early as possible before the diaper droppers get there.
I would float tube it and drop-shot small plastics for the bass. Any small baits will work for the bluegill. Don't leave valuables in your car that are visible. The lake "closes" at sunset, but many stay well after that. It can be a fun little lake. Enjoy and good luck!

Viejo
07-29-2011, 11:38 AM
Lost lake is a $&A#hole. Between the tweakers....men who like men and just lowlife scumbags, it has become a place to avoid rather then enjoy. Break ins are the norm rather then the exception. Sure...you might catch a bluegill or two, but this is also the home of the bucket people who take anything and everything they catch so don't hold your breath. Thirty years ago it was a little piece of heaven....lots of big bass and no people (or trash). Since they have been hitting the "Route 66 Rest stop" heavily with enforcement.....the boys have relocated and adopted the Lost Lake area for their hook up adventures. Trust me....it's a place that locals avoid.

If you'd like to fish somewhere nice near Hesperia....try Jackson Lake past Wrightwood on Highway N4.
Clean...restrooms....stocked once a week with trout and the Bluegill love to bite as well. Nice trees and picnic area. A place you can take your family. You will need a Forest Adventure Pass as well.

Skyler
07-29-2011, 04:17 PM
Indeed. I used to hunt quail up there. After busting into the wrong bush and getting a disturbing visual followed by an invite, I've generally avoided that area. There are far better lakes you can fish in the ie anyway. Not worth the trouble imo.

usmcfisherman
08-01-2011, 12:36 AM
when we arrived, there was only a CHP car in the parking lot. officer said on break they go out there and just park. when they do the low-lifes dont go there. but anyways only ones on the lake. "really clean water" and very little trash. but shore fished for awile and swam. "sunscreen is your bestfriend here". caught a couple bluegills and a nice crappie. saw a decent size bass to. lake isnt thaty deep before u hit plants 20ft maybe. but good day.

usmcfisherman
08-01-2011, 12:38 AM
Lost lake is a $&A#hole. Between the tweakers....men who like men and just lowlife scumbags, it has become a place to avoid rather then enjoy. Break ins are the norm rather then the exception. Sure...you might catch a bluegill or two, but this is also the home of the bucket people who take anything and everything they catch so don't hold your breath. Thirty years ago it was a little piece of heaven....lots of big bass and no people (or trash). Since they have been hitting the "Route 66 Rest stop" heavily with enforcement.....the boys have relocated and adopted the Lost Lake area for their hook up adventures. Trust me....it's a place that locals avoid.

If you'd like to fish somewhere nice near Hesperia....try Jackson Lake past Wrightwood on Highway N4.
Clean...restrooms....stocked once a week with trout and the Bluegill love to bite as well. Nice trees and picnic area. A place you can take your family. You will need a Forest Adventure Pass as well.

do u know how often bluegill are caught? there my favorite fish to catch. is there goldfish still, when i was younger i was at a boyscout outting and there was a giant school of goldfish in middle of lake. they still there?

Viejo
08-01-2011, 07:32 AM
I am assuming you are talking about Jackson Lake? There is a ton of small Bluegill in Jackson Lake and there are still schools of Goldfish that drift around the lake. I catch them with tiny dry flies near the reeds that are coming back. If you have a favorite way of catching Bluegill....I am sure that will work just as well. The camps bring their canoes down in the summer every day. Trout stocking occurs normally once a week until lake temps rise above a certain point. Interesting about the CHP officers.....quite a ways on a dirt road to take a "break". Must be out of the San Bernardino Office.