PDA

View Full Version : perris bass bite!

Matt44
07-28-2011, 05:30 PM
So decided to take the old. 85 champion bass boat out and break the dust off her accect when we got there she didn't want to fire which was a complete bummer. this boat hasn't been on the water in over two years, I cleaned her up about two weeks ago and it fired up fine. It looked from what u saw like my starter wasn't engaging and lifting high enough to catch the flywheel and when it would catch it seemed like there was not enough juice to crank. Ohh well ill be back in a week and ima charge the damn batteries. So my buddy and I decided to walk the shorline/rocks lol just east of the boat launch fished tell about noon and my buddy and I both ended the day with 5 bass each. Best spot for me was the point east of the launch I caught about 2 close to 3 pounds and the rest dinks. I must say though this is the first time iv actually targeted bass and was successful. Iv been a trout guy my whole life but I think im hooked I was drop shotting purple and black flake that was the only thing producing for me. Any bass info guys baits or plastics Lures I could use all the info and knowledge because im def gonna be fishin bass again. All fish were caught and released as well. Thanks for reading. Keep your lines tight

Matt44

tagg27
07-28-2011, 05:47 PM
Nice job out there. LP has definitely been hot for bass lately. Way to salvage the day from shore. I have had alot of success with 4" robo worms. Both margarita and Aarons magic curly tails. If you see shad bustin, break out a shad colored jerk bait and hang on.

See ya on the lake

Sublime-Steve
07-28-2011, 05:48 PM
BUmmer about the boat man.. all i can say is you were right on the money. right spot, right setup right frame of mind ( since you didn't go home when the boat didn't fire) Perris is a DS lake no doubt.. try some T rigged craw immitations, jerk baits, crank baits near underwater structure ( if you can find any) and always the purp robo if all else fails :-) good luck on the water

Matt44
07-28-2011, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the words guys definately had a great time fishin the bass I was using a smittys castaic custom worm in purple/blackflake probably about 4 inches im not a huge bass fisherman so I don't know alot...but im gonna learn it im pumped on it!

bassgrabber1
07-28-2011, 08:30 PM
Perris is on fire for sure.....it has been producing a lot of decent bass. WTG from shore!! Drop shot purple worms are the best bet for catching fo sho!!

vortec_cruiser
07-29-2011, 10:33 PM
Your battery isn't taking a full charge. Same exact thing happened to me when I tried to start mine in the driveway. Switched over to one of my new batteries and it fired right up. Even after trying to charge the old battery, the starter still wouldn't engage the flywheel - it just spun. I'm going to replace the old battery.

Matt44
07-30-2011, 07:03 PM
Vortec that helps alot! Im gonna try a new battery if all goes well ill be on the water thurs! Thanks for the info!

Tomfish
07-30-2011, 07:23 PM
Just in case the battery doesn't totally fix it- Leaving an engine sitting for a while can mean the carbs will need to be cleaned or rebuilt for it to run at 100%. Often the motor will turn over and start on earmuffs but once the boat is in water it'll run ragged due to the extra backpressure on the exhaust. Good luck, hope the battery gits'r going.