PDA

View Full Version : Upper Lake 07-27-11

Tomfish
07-27-2011, 01:50 PM
The upper lake is kind of a puzzle to me. I think I just need to fish it more to figure out patterns. Lucked out and caught one ok-sized largemouth this morning suspended off some rocks in a cove. The drop shot wasn't producing for me so I tried a wacky-rigged Roboworm and that's what worked. I'm a big fan of hook + plastic rigs (without weights) because they look a lot more natural in the water. Just gotta wait a long *** time for that thing to sink down to where the fish are.

I didn't get too much time on the water- by 11am the lice were killing my position (boat is a 1977 Cajun Special and gets tossed by wakes pretty easily). Also, sorry the pic isn't better. I was solo in the boat and managing a rod, fish, trolling motor, and cell phone cam was hard enough - couldn't quite get to my good camera in time and since it was hot I wanted to make sure the fish got back into the water quickly.

kerryvbc1
07-27-2011, 09:07 PM
Nice fish and not a bad picture. i struggle with taking pictures by my self too. I usually get half my fish in the shot. My son just bought me a "go pro" camera. Good luck on the upper lake.

marzocchi
07-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Nice Bass!