PDA

View Full Version : Woodriver float tubes

golfish
07-26-2011, 06:56 PM
hey all,
I've bought one of these (Stealthrider) back in 1996. Its a great tube and I'd love to find something close to it for "me" because I have to give mine to my son. These things move through the water better then any tube I have used. I bought another tube last year for him/me but I found out real fast it was lousy, even with the Force fins...

Any suggestions on a tube that works as good as the WR and maybe doesn't cost a much?

TIA

fish

kaiyasdad
07-28-2011, 11:18 AM
check out the outcast fat cat/super fat cat. when i first started tubing i bought a bucks bullet and a woodriver gliderider (same tube). i like the bullet better as it has the crossbar. so either check out the bucks bullet for the old style float tube or the outcast models. they actually move across the water much better than the old tubes. that being said, when it gets windy you also get blown around a bit more.

golfish
07-29-2011, 03:37 PM
Scored a glideride for 50.00 with a bad bladder. The thing looks likes its been used 5 times..

golfish
08-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Scored a glideride for 50.00 with a bad bladder. The thing looks likes its been used 5 times..

Hey guys, I need some help on this one. I have a couple bladders for this tube, one of them is the clear bladder pete change too back in the late 90's..I installed it but there's a slow leak. I'm guessing its coming from where the valve\bladder\shell meet. It looks like there's some kind of sealer used on the old blue bladders. Is there a sealer used on the clear bladder?