PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood Friday

a321eric
07-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Gonna be out at the Wood friday on a Pontoon. Hopefully the wind doesn't blow us around all day. Lookin to get on some nice LMB and hopefully a striper or too. Haven't been up there in a month or so. Where's the bite at? Im thinking top water frogs, good ole drop shot, and senkos at the weedline. Any other suggestions?

seal
07-27-2011, 08:30 AM
Been out of it for over a week but back on it as of today. It was fairly slow prior to that but did get into some spinnerbait fish and snuck out for a couple hours yesterday early AM (5:30 - 7:30am) and they were busting the surface pretty good for the first hour although I could get no topwater love, no organized boils yesterday just individual striper boils. Not much information but I'll update if I have any info from fishing the next couple days.

a321eric
07-27-2011, 03:08 PM
sweet. are you gonna be out there friday morning?

seal
07-27-2011, 03:23 PM
sweet. are you gonna be out there friday morning?

Unfortunately no, spent too much time with visiting family for the last week need to get some work done. On my way out there right now for a couple, so far not too much wind (wind has been never ending!) so we'll see. High coming back in might get um woke up before you get there. Good luck!

a321eric
07-27-2011, 03:30 PM
Nice. Thats good to hear. Well I post up a report on how we do.

AbsolutePig
07-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Yeah good luck! I wanted to go there Friday but was out voted.......DVL it is. We will post how we do as well. $5.00 BIGGEST FISH? You in? Must have a scale and witness...lol

seal
07-27-2011, 07:58 PM
Yeah good luck! I wanted to go there Friday but was out voted.......DVL it is. We will post how we do as well. $5.00 BIGGEST FISH? You in? Must have a scale and witness...lol

$5.00? Is this on LMB's or stripers only? Nice 10lbs cat caught while I was chasing the LMB's today at the Wood.

On the Wood conditions, water level is down, don't know why. Lot's of 1/2" to 3/4" bait in the water but had to leave early today, plan a later session for tomorra!

a321eric
07-27-2011, 08:53 PM
Haha, Im a broke college student. All I got is the gas in my car and the my Poppy Pass!!! Hahahaa.

a321eric
07-27-2011, 08:53 PM
$5.00? Is this on LMB's or stripers only? Nice 10lbs cat caught while I was chasing the LMB's today at the Wood.

On the Wood conditions, water level is down, don't know why. Lot's of 1/2" to 3/4" bait in the water but had to leave early today, plan a later session for tomorra!

Steve said it was a wide open top water bite.

seal
07-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Steve said it was a wide open top water bite.

I left before they got busy, you gotta stay till the big bright ball in the sky goes behind the mountain, then it's on, the magic hour!