PDA

View Full Version : Long beach crabs

bruce watson
08-12-2007, 09:18 AM
Yesterday afternoon I tried calling several friends to go out crabing without any luck.So I went out of Davey's. I guess that not that many people are in to catching crabs.
Anyway got out to the island about 5:30 and started waiting for nightfall. I only brought two hoops, and set the hoops in 10 feet of water. I caught a ton of snails before dark but after sunset the crabs start to crawl. By 8:30 I was getting quite a few on each pull, it was just trying to pull out the legals. They just don't like people trying to pick then up with bear hands. I was wearing sandals and one got my toe real bad when it crawled out of the hoop. Eight 6 inch crabs later, I called it a night at around 9:15 and got back to a very high tide at the dock. In the pic of my truck you can see my front tires are on the parking lot. It makes for an easy one man retreive.
By 10:00 my wife and I were snacking on crab legs and watching the news.

one_leg
08-12-2007, 09:25 AM
Bruce, I was wondering when somebody would post another crabbing report. 8)

Thanks,
One_Leg

diamondbear
08-13-2007, 07:01 PM
good job bruce , i tried to do some crabbing when i was up north abalone dving. but the landings were chasing salmon by then . i like your almost rear wheels in the water pick ,lol and alot easier at high tide iam sure // db

Dmax
08-13-2007, 08:51 PM
Sweeeet. We had no luck at Newport this weekend. We are gonna try Cabrillo this Friday.

Wildhorse1966
08-14-2007, 08:41 PM
i still havent had a chance to try the methods you told me about a few months ago ... :cry: maybe soon

bruce watson
08-14-2007, 09:40 PM
i still havent had a chance to try the methods you told me about a few months ago ... :cry: maybe soon

That spot I told you about is where I got these. Try a little closer into the rocks. Set your line at 10 feet and use a dock hook or gaff to grab the line without hitting the rocks. Night is still best.

Wildhorse1966
08-15-2007, 09:43 AM

That spot I told you about is where I got these. Try a little closer into the rocks. Set your line at 10 feet and use a dock hook or gaff to grab the line without hitting the rocks. Night is still best.

thanks i will try it out ... it sad that i have a boat and everything needed to go but now i have no time to go or the day i do have time my fishing partner cant go :cry: oh well it will work out one day :lol: ...

one_leg
08-15-2007, 09:59 AM
Yesterday afternoon I tried calling several friends to go out crabing without any luck.

Sorry Bruce, I must have had my phone turned off. :(
It won't happen again. :lol:

One_Leg

Fisher-of-Men
08-16-2007, 05:03 AM
[quote="bruce watson":f0442]Yesterday afternoon I tried calling several friends to go out crabing without any luck.

Sorry Bruce, I must have had my phone turned off. :(
It won't happen again. :lol:

One_Leg[/quote:f0442]

Were you in the salon again :?: :lol:

It's okay to talk on the phone while getting a pedicure. :wink:

Fisher-of-Men

rockbass
08-16-2007, 09:05 PM
It's okay to talk on the phone while getting a pedicure.

:P

Nessie Hunter
08-17-2007, 11:17 AM
Bruce got Crabs in Long Beach?????

So whats new Sailor.... :lol: :lol:

Good job Bruce... :shock:

mg2969
08-21-2007, 01:29 PM
Thanks Bruce for this GREAT report.
Not sure where "the spot " is but will try this weekend
from the kayak and report on my results.
Will be using some macs and bonita for bait.

Please feel free to PM me to offer any advice.

Thanx
MG

Fisher-of-Men
09-23-2007, 08:09 AM
Long Beach Crabs....................... :rofl:

The title of this report cracks me up! :lol:

Fisher-of-Men