PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon Fun...7/25/11

murrieta angler
07-26-2011, 08:17 AM
After a long morning of errands, my son, Tre, says to me, " Let's go to the beach", he didn't have to ask twice...:Smile:
As I was getting some things together I come outside and see the surfboard in the back of my truck...:Surprised:
Tre said he wanted to learn to surf...FINALLY!!!!
We loaded up and we were off to the beach...:Cool:
We arrived to our destination right at 1:45. I knew this beach would have smaller waves and would be perfect for Tre to try and get up.
It would be about an hour in the surf before Tre finally got up, and to my surprise, a few people behind us gave him a little cheer...:Big Grin:
Tre was pretty worn out so he decided to take a rest before his next session...:Idea:
It was my turn to play....:Wink: I grabbed my rod and started casting a LC, in sardine color.
The water was murky and had a little salad, nothing to complain about. The high tide was right around 5:00 and was 5.0. The water temperature was a warm 70 degrees and the swell was only 2 feet max. The wind was an issue at 12-15 mph coming from the northwest.
I started casting to a 1:00 direction but the wind was pushing hard, so I adjusted and started to throw at 2:00, perfect!
It was about 45 minutes into my session when I thought Tre was going to to come to me and say he was ready for his next session. Low and behold he walks up and says he wants to fish...:Thumbs Up:
So I tell him which LC to grab and he starts to fish as well. Within 5 minutes of that I finally get a nice hit, I knew already what it was but a decent size fish;

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/image-11.jpg

I estimated this YFC to be right at 16". I took it's mug shot and put him back into the water. Right around that time, I look over at Tre, and I see he is fiddling with his reel...:Confused:
I walk up, grab it and see the spool isn't going up and down like it should be doing. Oh well, what do ya do!? Tre says it's okay cause he wants to go exploring anyways, I had never taken him to this beach before, I say okay and I go back to fishing.
It would be another 20 minutes befoe I get another fish. I went back to the YFC spot and sure enough I get another one;

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/image-7.jpg

The colors on this one were more vibrant, but it had a hair lip. It looked like it had been hooked before and its mouth was torn pretty bad. I let it go and continued to fish.
Didn't catch anything else for the evening but had a good time with Tre out in the water.

Have A Good One All,
Robert
<><

k3vin_kim
07-26-2011, 09:08 AM
DOUBLE JACKPOT! Your boy wants to learn to surf AND THEN fish on the same day??? Awesome report bro - way to get the kid out there on the water and standing up on the board in an hour.

Gimme a heads up next time homey.

kk

Which Way Out
07-26-2011, 09:10 AM
Nice going Robert. Funny thing was, I thought I was gonna read how your kid out fished ya.... It will happen someday I am sure. KIDS! LOL

Take care
Bill

Cangler
07-26-2011, 09:45 AM
Way to go on the YFC !

PegLegg
07-26-2011, 10:05 AM
You got a well rounded kid, YFCs look chunky. That dudes lip is opened up pretty good.

bones
07-26-2011, 02:18 PM
Nice afternoon session you had ther Roberto....... I've been trying to get my boy to take up surfing for some years now so I could give him my OG Local Motion Tri Fin Thruster I had shaped for me 30 years ago. I think it still has the original Sex Wax still on it....LOL
But of course......he would rather stay on the sand with a skim board where the chicks are.The line up's everywhere are insane these days and he is from the valley ......... he doesn't like getting vibed out by the locals and already had had a few problems in the past.
So for now.......I'm looking into a new float tube setup for myself so I can give my boy my old one and get him out on the water.
Nothing better than spending time with your kids. Such an opportunity to make a difference in this world. Looks like you are doing a fine job my friend.
Nice grumpy YFC's by the way.....Very Nice!

Wingnut
07-26-2011, 04:54 PM
One of these days, I would like to do just that with my child... :Big Grin:
Doesn't get much better than that Robert... see ya in a couple of weeks my friend. :Wink:

n1ckxlam
07-26-2011, 05:28 PM
Toad croakers! Tthat first one doesn't strike me as a yfc though... great job nonetheless!
Nick

PONTOON
07-26-2011, 07:16 PM
Robert,

I have to commend you for spending quality time with your son!:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up: Cherish every moment you have with him because they grow up so fast. I'm sure that with you spending time with him he will turn out to be the gentleman that his father is.:Cool:

Keep the reports coming and hope to hear from you soon.

pineapple express
07-26-2011, 09:17 PM
WTG Robert... sounds like a fun afternoon with Tre. Mahaloz fo sharing ><>
PE

murrieta angler
07-27-2011, 07:44 AM
DOUBLE JACKPOT! Your boy wants to learn to surf AND THEN fish on the same day??? Awesome report bro - way to get the kid out there on the water and standing up on the board in an hour.

Gimme a heads up next time homey.

kk

I know it was kinda late but, since you're a surf fisherman now, I thought I would ask...:Big Grin:

Later Bro,
Robert
<><

Nice going Robert. Funny thing was, I thought I was gonna read how your kid out fished ya.... It will happen someday I am sure. KIDS! LOL

Take care
Bill

Not this time Bill!
But he has already beaten me a couple of times.
Take Care,
Robert
<><

Way to go on the YFC !

Thanks Cangler!
Robert
<><

You got a well rounded kid, YFCs look chunky. That dudes lip is opened up pretty good.

Hey PegLegg,
Thanks for the compliment.
That YFC even talked with a lisp...:ROFL:
Take It Easy,
Robert
<><

Nice afternoon session you had ther Roberto....... I've been trying to get my boy to take up surfing for some years now so I could give him my OG Local Motion Tri Fin Thruster I had shaped for me 30 years ago. I think it still has the original Sex Wax still on it....LOL
But of course......he would rather stay on the sand with a skim board where the chicks are.The line up's everywhere are insane these days and he is from the valley ......... he doesn't like getting vibed out by the locals and already had had a few problems in the past.
So for now.......I'm looking into a new float tube setup for myself so I can give my boy my old one and get him out on the water.
Nothing better than spending time with your kids. Such an opportunity to make a difference in this world. Looks like you are doing a fine job my friend.
Nice grumpy YFC's by the way.....Very Nice!

Hey Mike,
It's too bad kids can be influenced by their peers.
Maybe one day he'll say, "Let's do this Pops!"
Then you can pull out the wood and lead him down the road to pleasure...:Smile:
Yes, I said wood, we know how old you are...:ROFL:
As far as Tre, his Mother is a HUGE part of the way he is. He is a great kid and I love him to death.:Wink:
See you soon Brother,
Robert
<><

One of these days, I would like to do just that with my child... :Big Grin:
Doesn't get much better than that Robert... see ya in a couple of weeks my friend. :Wink:

Arturo,
I am sure you are working (enjoying) every night trying to make that happen...:Wink:
When it comes, your life will be turned upside down. Some for the good, some for the bad.
See you in a few,
Robert
<><

Toad croakers! Tthat first one doesn't strike me as a yfc though... great job nonetheless!
Nick

Hey Nick,
That first one had sand all over it, but it is a YFC for sure.
C-Ya in about 4 weeks, unless you want to hit the surf sooner and show Kevin how it's done...:Cool::Big Grin:
Take care,
Robert
<><

Robert,

I have to commend you for spending quality time with your son!:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up: Cherish every moment you have with him because they grow up so fast. I'm sure that with you spending time with him he will turn out to be the gentleman that his father is.:Cool:

Keep the reports coming and hope to hear from you soon.

Hey Terry,
Tre is the kind of person that will always want to do something, even when he is a grown man.
Also, who you calling gentleman...:ROFL:

Take Care,
Robert
<><

WTG Robert... sounds like a fun afternoon with Tre. Mahaloz fo sharing ><>
PE

Hey Danny,
I was going to say I haven't seen Jr. lately but I read your report already...:Smile:
Take care Bro,
Robert
<><

sidified
07-27-2011, 11:26 PM
Any time a kid wants to hang with their dad is a good day indeed, Robert...Cudos to you and Tre for making memories.

jerr-dog
07-28-2011, 11:28 PM
Hey cool report there & congrats on your sons first YFC. I just caught my first one well two last night. Hoping to take my son fishing with me this weekend. sounded like fun thanks for the report.